Thursday, January 3, 2013

Week 14: Day One

In honor of the new year and perhaps because the scale is not exactly doing what I want but mostly because I feel like I’m not giving it my all I am going to mix things up this week. I can live with the reality of losing 1.6 pounds this morning. Yes that puts me down exactly 34 pounds in 13 weeks, which is still a pretty impressive number considering I survived Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in the course of those 13 weeks. My biggest reason to shake it up though comes from feeling like these past two weeks not only have I been half ass-ing it, but I don’t think I’ve been doing good things for my body and I don’t like it. Slowly I let some of the less than desirable habits creep in. I find myself drinking too much pop (yeah, it’s Diet but it’s not good for you) and suddenly I realize in two weeks I don’t think I actually have drank any water. Then there’s that whole fruit and vegetable thing. Again, I have slacked and I do think it’s taking its toll on my body. I am not operating at 100 percent.

Today, week 14 day 1 I am mixing it up. Instead of pop for my morning beverage of choice I drank bottled water. Instead of stupid snacks I brought 2 bananas. I am going to detox this week. I feel like I’ve let too much unhealthy junk back into my system. Perhaps a few too many Hershey’s white chocolate peppermint kisses. It’s too easy to pick one of those up and pop it in your mouth. I also don’t feel like I’ve been that great at accountability for that reason either.

Yesterday I did something awesome. Since my awesome husband got me an ipad for Christmas and a couple months ago I became a proud owner of an iPhone I am just starting to discover all the wonderful apps available to me. I lived in the Dark Age prior to this. Yesterday I found a lovely app for my phone/ipad that is basically the entire weight watchers program, at least the tracking portion of it and it only cost me $2.99…. I really wanted something to record my points to keep better track but wasn’t keen on the $20 plus dollars weight watchers wants a month. I LOVE my new app. LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I mean it tells me everything weight watchers would, I can scan the barcodes of foods, record my own points, look up points, ya know all the usual suspects. One time fee of $3… yeah, I can handle that. I have not been recording points previously but I feel like perhaps it’s time to venture down that path since I am ready for something a little different.

My father in law gave me a nice gift card to Best Buy for Christmas. Since in the past year we have already replaced every TV in the house with a nice new flat screen and each of our 4 TVs have blu ray players already I wasn’t in much need of new electronics. What I decided I was in need of was a keurig. Now I am not typically a big coffee drinker. I like foo foo coffee drinks from Starbucks, etc… but I can’t brew a pot of coffee and just drink it. What I am loving is the café escapes latte’s… those are delicious. Also ordered some caramel apple cider sugar free ones from amazon that should be here tomorrow to try out. I am feeling so yuppie with my new ipad and keurig and my gorgeous new Coach purse I bought myself last weekend. Yeah I might have a Coach purse addiction as well.

I killed it Monday night on the treadmill I spent my New Year’s Eve running. It seemed like a good thing to do. I ran 13.15 miles. Then Tuesday I started 2013 with a nice 8 mile run as well. But then yesterday my legs were shot. I honestly don’t think it was from the running. I think it was because while watching the Biggest Loser one of the contestants kept trying to dead jump onto a little stool. She couldn’t do it. It looked so easy. I kept yelling just jump up there. Just do it. It was totally a mind thing, not a physical thing. So what do I do? I have a little living room stool that appears to be about the same height and I think whatever I can so do this. And then I stand there and jump and what do you know, my mind gives out. I could NOT get on that thing. I tried this over and over could not. I came back the next day and tried again. I jumped and jumped and jumped. I mean, I’m not going to brag or anything but when I let my mind go, I did it. I finally did it and I finally realized that I shouldn’t yell at the girl on my TV. Anyway, back to my point, I used some different muscles than I do running and those were killing my legs so I did not run last night. That and my sister and brother in law and my niece and nephew were back in town for the night and I wanted to hang out.

Tonight I will run. I mean its day one of week 14. I will run, but I also feel like in the spirit of trying something different this week I should really do just that. Aside from running, I should try working different muscles. I mean my muscle ache reminded me that I am not pushing myself the way I really should. I have lots of muscles running apparently doesn’t touch. I am considering either some more elliptical time. Yes I own an elliptical too that I never get on because I heart my treadmill so much, that or else I should break out one of those exercise dvd’s. I have this Bob Harper kettle ball that I purchased still in the package that has a workout dvd with it. Mind you I think I purchased this almost 2 years ago and it sits there in the package. Perhaps it’s time to break it out.

That or else I have one more option I was saving for a little while. My mom joined a gym a couple months ago and this gym allows her to bring a guest EVERY time she goes. So I could really always go to a gym with my mom. I could do some of those weight exercises, but I kind of wanted to wait a little while on that. I really don’t like gyms; we’ve never really gotten along all that well. I have way too many insecurities and hang ups for that. It might be better to try a video first I think and maybe in another month’s time or so perhaps venture down that path. Besides isn’t the gym going to be very crowded anyway?

I also feel like perhaps the last two weeks I OVER exercised. Meaning I ran a lot in the last two weeks and I think my body performed a back lash on me. I don’t know. It’s hard for me to be mad really because in two weeks I did lose 2.3 pounds which is totally respectable. It’s not anything. I just felt like I didn’t lose anything or give it my all. I am just going to have to try harder this week.

I made an appointment on Saturday to get fake nails put on. I love beautiful fake nails but I hate that I can’t type as well. I have to learn to teach myself to type again and probably how to use an ipad with my nails. Nonetheless I feel better about myself when I have them so that’s happening. I hate making appointments; it’s something I rarely do. I don’t like to be tied down I guess. I like to go where the day takes me, but thus far without an appointment it has failed to take me to a new set of nails so I gave in.

That’s about all for this week. I will try and check in again this week to keep myself accountable. I can already say having drank water this morning I’ve had to pee like 3 times. Ugh. I hate having to constantly go to the bathroom, but maybe that’s a good thing too…. Off I go.

No comments: