Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Water world

Since my husband was working last night and I had the house all to myself I did exactly what I wanted, I ran and felt no guilt about running and running and running and watching the second half of the Biggest Loser premier. I ran for over 2 hours… Obsessive, yes, too much, no. I enjoy running and I wasn’t killing myself but rather doing a nice run. I logged 13.25 miles which is like a half marathon. I keep these goals in mind when I run. I burned 1814 calories, as evidence see my Garmin below.



So the thing about my Garmin is this, I have to wear a chest strap to get accurate heart rate monitoring and calories burned. This is not a problem other than the fact that the strap mixed with sweat means that I constantly have open sores on my chest. Hmm…that doesn’t sound right. I mean it rubs and then it hurts. Its right at the bra line so of course putting on a bra hurts the sore as well. Last night was particularly painful. Probably the extra time ran and then the extra sweat. I actually have a permanent scar now it’s sad that I am scarred from a chest strap heart rate monitor but I’m not going to not wear it. But now today I am fighting the horrible stinging when my bra rubs against it. Yuck. I put Neosporin on it this morning thinking that this is exactly what this product is designed for to help with open cuts and sores and then it just STUNG so freaking bad it wasn’t even funny. I covered it with a big band aid but nonetheless it hurts. Therefore I now it’s going to be awful tonight when I run. Not sure how to avoid this in the future or what to do about it. Not fun.

Anyway, enough about being scarred for life, literally. It is no secret that I am not a water drinker; in fact I’d go as far as to say that I hate water but my week long experiment of drinking lots of water is actually swaying my opinion. I still don’t actually love the taste of water but I am starting to see the other benefits of it. And low and behold I am actually kind of craving it which is nice for a change. The past couple days I’ve been brining 2 twenty four ounce water bottles to work. It hasn’t been enough; today I brought all 3 of my 24 ounce bottles with me. That is 72 ounces of pure straight water. I think I will drink them all as I’ve pretty much finished off one 24 ounce bottle already. It helps that it’s cold. I fill them with some ice in the morning and then water. I can stand water if its ice cold. I don’t like warm water much at all.

So I finished episode 2 of the Biggest Loser and have to say that I am happy to see Jillian Michaels back off a little on her contestants. I just thought she was acting a little over the top. This episode was much better. I appreciate that they are going back to the basics so far this year. Contestants who want to be there and lose the weight and they seem to be focusing the attention more on the workouts and less on any game play, so far. I know they have taken game play out of the equation by having a red line and simply the person who loses the least percentage goes home. It’s kind of a nice change from Season 13’s horrific contestants who were constantly playing games. I like the show going back to basics. It’s a refreshing change.

I do notice that they seem to focus less on Dolvett and his team. I feel like the show feels like Dolvett is the bastard child as there real pride and joy is Jillian first and then Bob. Meanwhile Dolvett is rocking it with his team and having great results. Not sure what the next episode is going to bring but I’m fairly happy with the way things are going. It has been so long to watch something live I’ve forgotten about the excitement of not knowing what is going to happen. So far I’m not overly invested in any person but that’s to be expected because they haven’t really gotten into anyone’s “story” too much just yet.

Tomorrow morning is weigh in day. Today officially marks the last day of week 14 of doing this. 3 ½ months of eating well and exercising. I feel much better than I did 3 ½ months ago that is for sure. I feel like I should have a good loss tomorrow, I want a good loss, I’ve earned a good loss, but we will see. I guess we will see what all the water is going to do to my body tomorrow morning. I am not going to peek or cheat at all.

Food plan for the day so far….

Morning breakfast sandwich (4 pts.)
Keurig cappuccino (2 pts)
Banana (0 points)
Lean pocket (7 points)
Banana (0 points)
Apple slices (0 points)
Carrots (0 points)
Garden Veggie Straws (3 points) – Basically these are chips and they are delicious. Got a big box of them at Costco and LOVE them!

That is a total of 16 points and leaves me 12 for dinner. I have no idea what dinner will be but I always like to leave that a little open.

I dyed my hair again this Sunday and I have to say that I ALWAYS feel better and love it when I have freshly dyed hair. It is nice and blond and for some reason I put way more effort into doing my hair when it is dyed. I care so much more. Of course as we all know as we lose weight we suddenly care more about our appearance as a general rule anyway. Thus getting fake nails this weekend and dying my hair. I feel much better and of course I think that leads to making healthier decisions. I like myself more and therefore am less likely to want to put horrible things into my body. I make better decisions for myself. It’s a common reality of weight loss for sure.

Ugh, I have to pee. That is the one negative side effect of all the water, which I guess means its working. Better to pee it all out and then retain all that fluid inside me I guess. But I have to pee so much its ridiculous. I can pee like 8 times during the work day now. At least I am the only one in the office to see how much I have to go. With that said, I should probably get to it and end this.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love watching Biggest Loser, Bachelor and American Idol and they are all starting back up. Thanks for the reminder that I can watch these shows while on my Eliptical... I haven't done that is WAY too long. I am so glad you are back to blogging! It is so motivating to me.

Living A Dream Together said...

WTG, Emily!