Thursday, January 31, 2013

20.68% or 45.5 Pounds

Wow, what a crazy busy morning I had. This is the first time I’m getting a chance to sit down and breathe a moment and reflect upon my day. This morning was AMAZING!!! I mean my very first thing I do when I get up on Thursday mornings, weigh myself. This is the one time a week I get on the scale and wow was it a wonderful surprise this morning. I lost 4 pounds… holy hell how does that happen in one week? My body was playing catch up from weeks of good behavior and released it this week. This means two incredible milestones have been met for me this week.

Milestone 1… I have lost 20.68% of my weight since starting on October 4. 4 months at this and I have lost 20% of my body weight. That is fabulous. Milestone 2: I met my Vegas goal two weeks early! In fact, I am ½ a pound under my Vegas goal weight. Anything I lose in the next two weeks is just icing on the cake. Of course losing 4 pounds this week means that next week I will be lucky to see a pound, but I would definitely take that if it were the case. This means to date I have lost a total of 45.5 pounds in 4 months. That is really incredible actually. The number on the scale isn’t perfect but dang-it, I’m starting to get into livable range. To reach my very realistic, healthy goal weight I now need to lose 29.5 more pounds. I mean, saying I need to lose 29.5 pounds seems far easier than 75 pounds.

Truth be told if I could lose 20 more pounds I’d be pretty dang happy. That is probably a more realistic weight for me to stay at the rest of my life anyway. But for some reason I just want that 75 pound number. Either way it doesn’t really matter, I’m happy with all the progress I’ve made so far. I guess having a super busy week and not focusing so much on all this weight stuff has helped my body release the pressure and subsequently the weight. I really was AMAZED this morning. I do have to admit that this week I felt like things were getting a little tighter. I know that sounds odd but I swear you can tell if you’ve lost weight or not. I just felt it this week and was hoping for a good number, but certainly not expecting that 4 pounds.

My plan is to just keep going along this week in much the same fashion. Honestly I am so busy this week I don’t see how things would be any different even if I wanted them to be. Tonight after work I made myself a nail appointment to get my fake nails filled. Yeah! They are getting gross and too long. My husband works late again tonight so I will see what I feel like after my nail appointment. I will see if I feel so inclined to hit the treadmill or else take the night off. The only factor to that is tomorrow night we kind of discussed going to Red Lobster so that means I should probably exercise tonight. We will see though. I could just play with my new bosu ball and do some different kind of workout.

Saturday my husband is home and we are going to run some errands. Costco run, do a little bit of domestics and maybe Panera Bread for lunch. Sunday is going to be another incredibly busy crazy coupon day with my mom. All day probably doing the coupon thing so crazy busy here. I suspect next week will probably follow suit with me being so busy and then next weekend my mom and I are throwing a baby shower for a friend at my mom’s house. She is having twin girls. Anyway, that is going to consume that Saturday up. (And we are getting fancy cupcakes which are definitely my complete weakness!) And then a few days and it are off to Vegas. I foresee the next two weeks flying by.

There is also another big topic I need to discuss with you all but I am thinking that I will tackle it tomorrow. I say with you all as if there is some crazy group of readers out there interested in my every thought. Ha. Anyway, I should rephrase that…. There is something that I need to put down on paper for my own benefit and think that tomorrow is the day I should discuss it. There.

And there’s also the looming reality that I should just post my actual weight too. Based on lots of context clues it’s not difficult for anyone to guess where about I allowed myself to go, etc. It’s not really much of a secret actually. I don’t know. Maybe when I lose that 4.5 pounds and have lost a total of 50 pounds I will post a chart of my weekly numbers. I kind of think in the back of my mind that is what I’m waiting for a little. When I hit 50 pounds lost I will share all :)

Hopefully tomorrow I don’t hit the Friday funk that has plagued me for the past couple Friday’s. I don’t know. It’s payday so that is always nice. Of course what I want to talk about tomorrow is emotional and sad so that probably won’t help either. Anyway, tomorrow. For today I am focusing on the high that the scale gave me today. Today I just want to bask in my 45.5 pounds lost.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats!! I am pretty good at math and have figured out that you and I weigh just about the same right now. :) I am looking forward to reading your topic tomorrow... you have me wondering.

Living A Dream Together said...

You are doing AMAZING!

Unknown said...

You are doing fabulous- congrats!