Monday, January 7, 2013

Confession time

I have a confession to make, there are certain foods or things that for some reason I think don’t count. I mean, as I walked around Costco yesterday with my husband and ate those little samples somehow in my mind that food didn’t count. I mean, they were just little samples they couldn’t possibly be anything right? Hmm… I think this logic is probably flawed. It’s not that bid of a deal I realize but then as I was driving to work this morning I started thinking about all the “foods” I ate yesterday that my brain told me did not count. And then I realized I was definitely lying to myself. I had all the Costco samples, then for some reason when we went to my mom’s later in the afternoon and she opened a bag of popcorn, you know the prepackaged kind that has the flavoring all over it and is so stinkin delicious and therefore completely unhealthy. I mean if you only eat a couple pieces at a time, it doesn’t count right? I mean never mind that you eat 8 handfuls, it doesn’t count? And when you are snacking on carrots (yeah for that) and you dip them in a spinach dip, certainly you can’t expect that the spinach dip counts for anything since you are eating carrots after all, right?

And then if you eat one white chocolate Hershey kiss when you get home since it’s just one it doesn’t count, right? And then if you have another one before you go to bed it doesn’t count either right? That is certainly a lot of little that doesn’t count that certainly when put together in the grand scheme has to count for something? I think I might need to go back and readjust and add a few points in for all my doesn’t count…

With all that said I had a decent Sunday weight watchers wise, and actually life wise. I spent most of the day with my husband, we walked around Costco and I love doing that. I got a 3 pack of new water bottles that are each 24 ounces and awesome. I have two of them with me at work today so that I can monitor and appropriately drink my 48 ounces of water for the day. After Costco and a few other errands we headed home where I procrastinated for a while and then ran 9.10 miles. After that we went over to my mom’s house so Chris could hook up her new TV and all the components since her old TV which was literally purchased in 1989 quit working yesterday. We had been warning her forever to buy a new TV because that one was giving out and what do you know… yesterday was the day. My Sunday was good. My Saturday was a whole other story.
As far as my great plans of eating healthy and drinking more water I’d say epic fail. Friday night after work I did come home and run, I got in a solid 8.6 mile run. I totally was happy there and then we headed to our favorite Friday night dinner spot, Red Lobster. I completely love Red Lobster and am obsessed with fresh shrimp and crab. I did fine on the points front. I have learned how to not eat any of the cheddar bay biscuits they put in front of me. I get a house salad with balsamic vinaigrette on the side and then always a healthy fish option with a plain baked potato. I LOVE it to no end. We probably go at least once every two weeks if not once a week. Friday was fine. Saturday was the killer.

Saturday started out fine, I mean, I had the best intentions in the world after all. I got up and went and say my kids (my niece and nephew) before they left town from Christmas. I ate a nice smart ones breakfast sandwich and had a sugar free caramel apple cider on my keurig. No problems there. My husband came over and we helped my mom put away her Christmas decorations. I had every intention of exercising before my 2:45 nail appointment. On a whim I traded that in to go to Bed Bath and Beyond and lunch at Panera Bread with my mom, sister and husband. It was nice. They just opened a Panera Bread in my town. It has been open for two weeks and I’ve gone 4 times. I think if something new opens here it’s like a big deal. But basically I love their fresh healthy menu. AMAZING! I got a salad and a chicken noodle soup. Healthy, good. No problems there.

I got a beautiful set of nails put on. Nice, love it. Got home and then the trouble began. I couldn’t exercise after my nail appointment because I had plans to go out with my husband to watch a live broadcast of motorcycle racing at a theatre downtown. He loves motocross and I love him so ya know. We were meeting some friends there and we rarely do that so I went with it. Before we left I let the Hershey’s white chocolate kisses attack me. Still okay.

The races were 4 hours and we could not eat or drink in the theatre it was an old historic vintage theatre. Afterwards it was 11:00 PM and we were all starving. We went to Applebee’s. It can always be worse as I ordered something off the under 550 calorie menu and didn’t eat it all. What got me were appetizers. Half price appetizers. You see Applebee’s is often a favorite of ours for half price drinks and apps after 9 PM. Boneless buffalo wings, amazing and amazingly horrible. An order is 33 points. We ordered one. I ate some. I suspect it could always be worse as I tried to make decent choices and indulging in a few buffalo wings is not the end of the world. I’m okay; I think it was just the combination of the day, the lack of exercise and the lack of eating healthy stuff that threw me off. After we came home at 12:30 AM I felt sick. My body didn’t like those wings too much. True story.

I didn’t drink enough water and I certainly didn’t stick to my clean healthy food choices. I mean Friday night dinner out, Saturday lunch out, Saturday night dinner out. Oops… I guess this is proof that it can be done, right. And I did run Friday and Sunday night so it could have been worse. Either way today I have my new water bottles and am committed to trying again to drink my water and eat my fruits and veggies. My snacks for the day….

No comments: