Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Planning ahead

Wow, yesterday was an incredibly busy day at work. I barely had time to do anything thus the lack of a post. Let me say that while I had a nice time this weekend visiting my family that I did NOT do so well on the weight watchers front. It wasn’t horrible. I feel like I made decent decisions in spite of a less than ideal situation. It’s always hard when you are placed out of your comfort zone.

We left Friday night and we stopped at Carl’s Junior for some food on the road. I ended up ordering a chicken salad which is VERY difficult to eat in the car, in the dark. We left immediately after work and we didn’t get there until about 9:30 or so. Friday the food was fine but I did not exercise. That was fine too. Saturday it gets a little scarier. Since ultimately I really only have one day with my kiddos and it was my niece’s birthday time actually just flew. I did not find time to exercise and I just have to live with that. Her party was at 2, and afterwards we went to a pizza place for dinner. Again, I ordered a salad. BUT… I had a slice of pizza. That is not killer at all. What sucks is the beer battered fries that were ordered for the table. Fries are my weakness. I ate way too many fries. Oh well. I really only had a bite or two of cake. The combination of lack of exercise and only eh eating choices start to take their toll on you.

Sunday morning we got up and went out to breakfast. I don’t think I did too horribly. The menu had an under 550 calorie breakfast option where I got an egg white Denver omelet with plain wheat toast and a bowl of fresh fruit. I don’t know the points at all but I feel like it was the healthiest thing on the menu. We then drove home, did some couponing along the way at Rite-Aid. We didn’t make it home until about 7 or so. At this point I was beyond exhausted and hungry. I snacked on far too many pieces of candy before finally having a spaghetti dinner. I did not exercise.

Yes I took three days off in a row from running and I just had to deal with it. It is not the end of the world. I really have no idea how my three days will affect my weight this week. I probably won’t lose a lot but sometimes that is the way life goes. I don’t feel totally great about my weekend but I’m not too upset either. It’s just part of life I suppose.

Yesterday I got back on the counting points bandwagon and tried to drink my water. When I got home last night I immediately hit the treadmill for a nice run. I would have assumed that being away from it for three days would produce nice run. That wasn’t exactly the case. It seem not running for 1 day leaves me feeling energized the next day, three days makes me feel a little less like I want to. But I did it. And I made myself run and continue to run and I pushed myself despite not 100% feeling it. I ran 13.5 miles and called it good. I felt good afterwards and that’s what counts.

Tonight my husband works late so I have the house to myself and I have last night’s new Biggest loser to keep me company and I am definitely looking forward to that. I actually have been pretty busy the past couple days immersed in my couponing world that I have barely noticed my healthy lifestyle choices. I am not spending so much time focusing on that and that might be a good thing, it might not be I can’t entirely tell.

I feel like as human beings we only have so much time and energy to expend on activities. When one thing heats up in my life something else has to give. When I focus on couponing the food/exercise has to give a little and vice versa. There is only so much of me to go around. It is nice not completely obsessing all the time but I am also afraid of what that does for the scale as I have set personal goals for myself for Vegas and of course ultimate larger goals. Vegas is 3 weeks away, so I feel like if I blink my eyes I might miss it.

Today I also did something else exciting. Chris and I have been talking seriously about it for the past couple weeks and today to coincide with another personal goal I’ve been talking about we booked airfare to Maui in June. Yes, back to Maui on June 1 to celebrate our two year anniversary. We will be going for 10 days. I’m super excited about this. Airfare is booked so we are definitely going now. I have a room picked out; it’s the same room we stayed in 2 years ago so in the next couple days we will book that too. We are actually flying into Oahu and staying there for two nights so that we can see Pearl Harbor first. Neither of us has ever seen it and it’s been on my bucket list for a while now. Then we hop a quick 45 minute flight to Maui where we spend 7 nights.

I will say it now; it is my personal goal to be at my goal weight when I get on that plane June 1. That means I have to lose this 35-40 pounds in approximately 4 ½ months. I do believe this is perfectly accomplishable if I stick to it. Plus there is nothing quite as motivating as a Maui beach trip. So excited. It’s expensive but it’s also my favorite place on earth. I have such an emotional connection to it. Maui is the only time my family ever took a real vacation together. When I was a senior in high school we went on our one and only big family vacation. It was my dad’s favorite place and now it is the place where I got married. It has such a strong pull for me that I pretty much have committed to going every 2 years. We went 2 years ago and then we went 4 years ago so we are pretty much on the every other year plan.

I feel like this should keep me more motivated to stay focused and on track. This also means that I need to try and not spend crazy amounts of money in Vegas since I know Maui will be coming up and that is where my true love lies. Speaking of that I really need to figure out what we are going to do on Valentine’s Day in Vegas. I feel like we should do something special since we will be in Vegas. I should look into that.

So tonight I run. And tomorrow night I will run. I am hoping that I can maybe go to the gym with my mom this weekend finally. I really want to try something different. That is about all I have for the day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Reading your blog makes me excited to get back on the ww bandwagon after baby. I am seriously so disguisted looking at myself but I know there isn't anything I can do about losing weight until then but I can make smarter choices. Good for you and Chris for booking a vacation! Your dedication to being healthy and fit is awesome- a total inspiration to me and many others.