Saturday, January 12, 2013

Epic Run

Don't have major time for a post but am operating on extreme runner's high right now that I had to stop by and post this... I hung out with my injured mom this morning (no broken bones but she's incredibly sore), did some shopping and REALLY did not want to run. I did not run last night so I told myself just get on the treadmill and even if you only mange 30 minutes that will be fine.

It always takes me 3-5 minutes to get in my groove and boy oh boy did I get in my groove. I ran and I felt great. Amazing. This is what always happens the day after I take a day off. My body loves me and thanks me for it. So I just kept running. I ran longer than I've ever ran and I told myself I'd just run until I was tired and then I said, okay just run the 13 miles and then I said run some more then and then it was finally time where my legs were like you can be done and I was close to 15 miles so I said just push thru to 15. Low and behold I ran 15.37 miles and burned 2172 calories. AMAZING! I felt really great.

It didn't hurt that I was watching Season 8 Biggest Loser and I am at the end of the season I watched the marathon where they ran and that is always inspiring and then I ran thru 1/2 the finale as well. Always incredible running time as well. I am pretty much 15 minutes away from finishing Season 8, gearing up for Season 9. I love watching Biggest Loser on the treadmill. I feel great, elated with my run. I actually really neeeded that today. After not exercising last night and then my crappy cold morning, I was feeling less than hot and a little down on myself. Nothing like a crazy good run to improve your mood!!!! Best run to date....



No comments: