Thursday, January 17, 2013

15 weeks

You know the universe is a funny thing. I was just saying yesterday how no one had said a word about my weight loss and then today I was kind of just not feeling it and then WHAM… the universe comes thru. I stopped at Rite-Aid to do some of my couponing at lunch time today. What I don’t talk about much here is how much of an active couponer I really am. I kind of took a break last month as I do get burned out, but alas, I am getting back into it. Anyway, I coupon a lot. I go to this particular rite aid at least twice a week. For YEARS I’ve been doing this. I chat with the same girl there a lot. She has really only worked there about a year a think. She’s only known fat Emily. Today as I walked up to check out she said me and Stephanie were just talking (Stephanie is another girl who works there) and “You’ve lost weight, haven’t you? We noticed you are looking slimmer.”

Ah, yes, there it is. 15 weeks for a casual observer to notice 40 pounds but she noticed and that is what counted. That was exactly the pick me up I needed today. It does eventually happen I suppose. So I’d like to go on record as saying today is the first day that someone who isn’t my immediate family has said anything about my weight loss. Exactly the kind of motivation one needs to keep going. And it reminded me of a pin that I have to share….



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is awesome... I always love it when I am losing weight and people notice and say something. I bet other people have noticed, but are afraid to say anything because they don't want to hurt your feelings. Keep up the great work. You are going to look and feel awesome in Vegas!