Thursday, January 24, 2013

41.5 pounds

Ah so today is another day. I lost 1.9 pounds this morning putting me at a total of 41.5 pounds lost. I am completely comfortable and happy with that number. Given the extreme circumstances of my week I am thrilled. Also if you consider that the previous week I completely busted ass and only lost 2 pounds so seeing a 1.9 today was amazing. Some days it feels like a slow process, when you have so much to lose, it’s completely daunting. Staring down having to lose 75 pounds seems unreal especially when you see 1.9 after a whole week of working hard or even a 1.2 pounds after working really hard. But honestly those pounds somehow magically add up. I mean here we are 16 weeks in, or 4 months thereabouts and I am down 41.5 pounds. Those little pounds really do add up.

I need to lose 2.5 more pounds and I will have officially lost 20% of my starting weight. That is pretty thrilling. Can you tell I live in a number math based world? I love calculations and charts and tables. Anything to keep you motivated I guess. In fact I have a lovely excel spreadsheet where I track all this and it automatically calculates the things for me when I put in my current weight each week. I’ve always been a chart geek when it comes to weight loss. I enjoy seeing the bigger picture so that I don’t focus on the little weekly loses and get discouraged. I think you have to focus on the bigger picture most of the time if you have any shot of staying focused. This means in order to hit my goal weight I’ve set for myself this time I need to lose 33.5 more pounds. Mind you this goal weight is not my previous goal weight or even the smallest I’ve ever been but it’s a comfortable goal weight. Truth is I’d be comfortable 5 pounds heavier than this goal weight but I just wanted a nice solid 75 pounds lost so I set it at this goal weight. Reality is if I’d lose another 28.5 pounds I’d be ESTATIC. I could go to Maui with a big grin on my face. But who are we kidding I am going to Maui with a huge grin on my face no matter what!

The reality is that losing 1.9 pounds today put me into the next tenths of a number down on the scale. I no longer see a 1X something on the scale I am down into a 1X- with the x being a smaller tenth digit. Wow that is confusing! Anyhow bottom line is my second number after the one is smaller now and this means that my weight watchers points adjusts and I now have 2 more points each day. Sucky, suck, suck. I have been having a hard time keeping to my points anyway and now I have two less a day. I guess that is the pitfall of losing weight, you need to eat less. I mean it’s a good problem to have, I’m not complaining.

I guess our bodies are just going to do what they are going to do. Last week when I lost 2 pounds I had AMAZING exercise at 6 runs for the week and really great runs at that. This week I only managed 4 solid runs and I lost 1.9 pounds. Guess that isn’t the deciding factor. They say that weight loss is mostly in the kitchen and with the foods you eat and the exercise is more about building muscle or toning your body. This is probably true. I mean I do think high calorie cardio sessions are nice as well and I feel like I wouldn’t lose nearly as much weight if I didn’t put in the effort on the treadmill but this theory is pretty much confirmed by my previous two weeks. I think that my four runs this week were probably nothing to sneeze at but it still wasn’t my best effort ever.

I want to mention that I am insanely freezing right now in my office, but then again lately I’ve been basically freezing non-stop. My office is in a warehouse type building. It’s a big metal building with a little office built in it and it is COLD. I am always cold. I have a heater blowing on me but it kind of does jack shit. I might need to get a better one because honestly I am so cold it’s not even funny. I spend my entire day with freezing feet and hands. I just want the sunshine to come back. I want nice weather again. I much prefer heat to cold. I’m seriously completely frozen. Yuck. And it looks so foggy outside it does not look like fun to go drive in which I will have to do here shortly to run errands for work. Good times.

My legs are tired today, I ran the last three days in a row and pretty good runs but I am just not sure what will happen tonight. Chris has today and tomorrow off of work which means he will be home when I get home. It’s always more difficult for me to run when he’s home but it doesn’t stop me usually. We will see. I guess it just depends how I feel at 5:30 when I am home. I am nothing if not a determined girl. I pretty much don’t quit or give up until I reach my goals. So with that said here is today’s pinterest motivation…



I wholeheartedly believe this sentiment. You may sit around and wish and hope things are different but until you actually start working for it nothing is possible. I have always known this, but sometimes just finding that extra little push to keep you going is hard. We all need that extra little push from time to time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job with a great weigh in even though you had challenges in the past week. Keep up the good work and thanks for blogging... it keeps me motivated!