Friday, January 25, 2013

Fierce

This morning has been another busy one at work. I’ve been trying to get a lot done and then I was working on getting some couponing stuff done as well. Glad the day is almost over. My leg is still hurting a little but I am going to run tonight anyway. I listened to my legs last night and took the night off. Chris was home so we went out to dinner. We went to a Mongolian grill restaurant, one where you load up the foods and then they cook it on the big grill. I ate tons of vegetables but I am always slightly weary of this. But whatever, a big old bowl of onions, mushrooms, bean sprouts, and peppers with a little bit of shrimp and salmon on top can’t be all that bad. Thus, I did NOT run.

That means tonight I will be running. I have this gut feeling it’s not going to be great since my leg is feeling tight. It doesn’t matter I’m going to make myself do it anyway. I don’t know what it is about Friday’s that always makes me off in terms of my motivation or my mood. Maybe it’s the day after weighing-in that gets to me. I don’t know. The last two Fridays in a row I have felt blah and today is no exception. I don’t have the fire in my belly today but I’m going to make myself do it anyway. I guess that is commitment. Even when you don’t really want to, just doing it anyway.

On days like this I have to go back to the reality that okay so I don’t want to do this, what other choice do I have? To give it up, sit on my ass watching TV and eating Mcdonalds? I laugh because right now that is just not an option for me. A. I’ve worked too damned hard already and B. I was so physically SICK all the time 5 months ago when I was doing that. I literally wanted to throw up all the time and I dragged big time in my every day activities. I do NOT want to go back to that. So I will push thru and do what I know is good for my body.

Chris is home again today but I told him that if we went out to dinner last night than tonight it was a must that I come home and run. He is completely respectful of my wishes. He is actually quite awesome. I am going to run, he is going to run some errands this afternoon and then be home about the same time as me and then do the laundry and start making dinner while I run. Um… what a keeper  We are having a grilled pork roast and fresh veggies. He is actually an excellent cook and I have to admit he does 80% of the cooking in our house. He really is better at it than me plus I just hate doing it.

My ultimate plan is to try and go to the gym tomorrow with my mom. We will see how that goes. Of course I will let you know. I think my body has been telling me lately that it’s kind of tired of the rut I put it in. Not only with the constant same exercise but I’m getting incredibly bored with my boxed meal lunches. (Lean Cuisines, WW Smart ones, Healthy Choice) Two days this week I just wanted something fresher and left my boxed lunch in the freezer and went to Quiznos and got a fresh sandwich instead. I feel like my body is craving fruits and vegetables and I just don’t give it enough of either. I know this and yet it is so hard to change. Fresh fruit like berries are so stinking expensive this time of year and go bad so quickly. And vegetables are all pretty much something that I have to force down. Except onions and mushrooms. I LOVE onions and mushrooms so much.

Anyway, I have seriously considered purchasing one of those nutra bullet mixers that make those breakfast smoothie things. When I was at my sister’s house this weekend she made me a smoothie on hers and it was pretty good. Tasted like a Jamba Juice. I think the key to the success was that it really did mix it and puree it pretty well. I don’t want a chunky smoothie. The very nature of its name suggests that it is a smooth concoction. The best part was that she put spinach and carrots in it along with frozen berries and I’ll be damned it tasted good and I didn’t even notice the stupid vegetables! I could be open for this but the biggest drawback is the stupid thing costs like $120 on amazon. That is quite an investment for something that might just be a novelty. I don’t really know.

I brought my i-pad to work where I have been listening to my music all day on. It’s quite nice. I really do love my i-pad so much. It has changed my life and I didn’t even really know how much I would love it until I owned one. Thanks again to my amazing husband who got me one for Christmas.

Let’s see… because I believe in being accountable and have seen the benefits for myself in stating my goals out loud on this blog I need to set some weekend goals. Since last weekend was not my best I need to make sure and eat healthy this weekend. That is my number 1 priority. Keep the food perfectly in line. As far as exercise I will run tonight. Tomorrow I will go to the gym with my mom where I am trying really hard to NOT use the treadmill. I mean, I have one of those at home so I don’t need to go to a gym just to use a piece of equipment I already use. I want to do the weight machines. I have a treadmill and an elliptical machine in my house so I really don’t need to use them there. Then Sunday I need to run again. There is my exercise plan for the weekend.

Friday = Run
Saturday= Weights at Gym
Sunday=Run

I think that looks solid. Not to mention the couponing I have to get done in there too. Trying to maintain everything can sometimes be a chore that is for sure. Being a well-balanced woman is not easy. It’s no wonder so many of us let ourselves go to shit. Sometimes it’s easier than trying to actually make time for yourself. I can’t complain as I don’t actually have too many other responsibilities. I REALLY don’t know how moms do it. I look at my sister and as much as I completely 100% adore my niece and nephew they are exhausting and so much work and they are GREAT kids! I don’t know how these amazing women keep it all together. That is such a full time balancing act. I only have to be responsible to myself and sometimes my husband. He actually does a pretty good job of putting me first and letting the things I need take precedence in “our” lives.

Anyway… Here’s to hoping that tonight I am strong and powerful and fierce!




Oh and here's something that I did that I thought definately showed some improvement. This is me last February in Disneyland and this is me last Friday wearing the same jacket.... I can definately see the 40 pounds gone!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

That outfit looks great on you... I love the mix of colors and solids and stripes. And I see a HUGE difference in the before and after. You go girl!!!

Pg_Ro said...

You look fierce:)

If you see one of those foam rollers at the gym you should try it and see if it helps your legs if they are still sore. It can hurt like hell but it really seems to help.

I have a vitamix and it makes such a big difference when making "green" smoothies to have no chunks! But you never know with kitchen gadgets if it is something you will really use or if it will just sit in the back of the cupboard forever.

I hope you have fun at the gym tomorrow. I like doing weights because it makes me feel strong (Ok sometimes it makes me feel like a wimp:)) It always blows my mind that doing weights is the first thing I stop doing when I am going through an exercise slump (i.e. the last two years). I think it is pretty cool when you start seeing some definition in your arms. The rest of me might not be toning up, but my arms are starting to look kind of buff:)

Unknown said...

You look fabulous! You go girl- you can tell a total difference. So proud of you!