Friday, March 15, 2013

Yuck

The good news: I am super glad it is Friday.
The bad news: I don’t feel very well.

Late last night I started feeling a little yucky and then this morning when I woke up I could tell I was not 100%. I am not full on sick or anything, I am just tired and sluggish with a slight case of upset tummy. In general, a yucky feeling brought on by outside forces. One of my bosses who hangs out in the office from time to time was sick a few days ago with a flu like bug and was throwing up. Yesterday he said his wife got it and low and behold I am just not feeling 100%. I don’t often complain of sickness because for the most part I am healthy. I don’t love this that is for sure. It fucks with my plans.

Last night I did not exercise because I was exhausted which I believe was a direct result of 6 workouts last week. That will not and cannot happen again this week. It’s just physically impossible for me to workout 6 days this week since I already took yesterday off which would mean I’d have to work out for the next 6 days straight. Not happening!!! I do plan on getting in 5 though. The plan is to run tonight and then one of the weekend days (Saturday OR Sunday) and then hit it good for next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Of course I say this is the plan because we will see if my body actually has other plans of its own.

I feel like I am teetering on the brink of either I am going to be just fine in a little while or else it will turn into full on sick. I am praying that it’s just a little passing morning yuck and things are all good by the afternoon. Being sick does not fit into any of my plans. I have a big product sort party tomorrow that will require hours of my attention and hard work. Also, I think I generally feel like shit when I don’t exercise so I really want to run to improve my well-being. It’s a horrible catch 22.

Last night I was a good girl and bypassed Ulta, despite my heart wanting something new and shiny, my brain told me I didn’t need to drop $100 on stuff I didn’t really need just because. I need to remember that I have a fabulous Maui vacation in like 2 ½ months that I should save my money for. My financially fiscal girl won out. For now. Mmmwwhhhaaaaa…… I won’t make any promises about the weekend though. I will try.

Instead, I stopped after work at Rite-Aid where I picked up some more free couponed stuff to make money on at my garage sale. Super productive and then I headed home and shortly thereafter Chris made it home. Despite it being a little cold we both threw on jackets and took Molly out for a walk. We live pretty damned close to a Middle/Elementary School combo and they have fabulous fields for walking and letting Molly run wild off leash. She is a good girl and listens to us so we have no problems letting her off leash, especially in the evenings when no one else is around. She loves the freedom. It’s also a nice dedicated time for Chris and I to talk. I really enjoy that. It wasn’t a workout by any means, but it was a nice little walk. I suppose better than nothing.

In the end I guess I’m just excited it’s Friday and I get a weekend and I get to spend it with some of my favorite people. My husband, my mom and one of my sisters… That is amazing. I also get to see one of my favorite cousins too. Good times.

I am sure I will plug along no matter what as I am nothing if not a determined girl. This is just what I do. I get right back up on the horse and do it all over again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you aren't getting sick! That's how it was for me and I am going on a week feeling like this. Get some rest and take care of you!