Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Same old

I killed it yesterday. I mean, I was perfectly on track with my eating and then I came home and did a perfectly awesome 10 mile run. Yup… almost perfect on track day. I say almost perfect because mentally I still wasn’t completely feeling it but that’s okay. I think I figured out the source of my extra extreme hunger the past couple days and of course the nonstop craving for chocolate… yeah, I started my stupid period. Which really does explain a lot. I always forget about that pesky little guy and how he makes me famished even when I shouldn’t be.

Overall things have gone fairly well and I am quite hopeful that today will be equally as on track for me. I had a banana snack not too long ago and am drinking some water. For lunch I brought a lean cuisine pizza (9 points) but VERY delicious. My husband works the late shift tonight as he usually does Tuesday’s so it’s Biggest Loser and a good long run for me. I mentally plan, prepare and even start to kind of get excited for my Tuesday night long runs. I am not sure it will be too much different than last night’s run though, since most nights I do 8 miles but a long run I try to get in 10 miles. We will see how it plays out though. Last night I did 10 because I was quite feeling it and I took off the previous two days so my body was just in the mood to run. Tonight I have new BL motivation so we will just see.

After my run tonight I have to head to my mom’s house to drop off some stuff and pick up some stuff. I told her I’d be there 7:30-8:00ish. That should give me enough time to accomplish everything else I have planned for the night. I get some new Victoria Secret workout pants delivered in the mail today. I started to realize a few weeks ago that my workout pants were driving me crazy as I kept having to pull them up a million times while I ran. Guess that’s a sign of them being too large, right? Anyhow, the other day I put on a pair of size small and suddenly it just felt right. I don’t have many size smalls in my drawers as the workout clothes I bought recently were larges and then mediums. I ordered 4 new pairs of smalls and I’m so excited to get them today and wear a new pair tonight. It’s the little things that keep us going for sure.

I don’t feel overall like I have had a great week but it hasn’t been terrible. It’s really just been kind of blah in terms of my mental outlook on weight loss. I am fearing that I’m hitting that comfort zone where I am happy with how I look and it’s just not as important to me anymore. I DON’T like this place. It is the place where I allow bad habits to creep in. I need to keep my motivation going. Yes, I know I have Maui in 3 months and that really is some very big motivation for sure. Actually 3 months from today I will be in the middle of my vacation most likely sitting on a beach right now. How freaking exciting is that!!! I’d really love to be much smaller then too so I guess that is what I need to focus on. Of course I’ve got a lot to get thru before then.

I’m hitting this garage sale stuff hard as it is always just a chaotic and stressful time in my life. It’s totally necessary and I am excited for my payday…. Literally… So all the work is really worth it in the end.

Some day’s life just goes along without anything to major happening or anything spectacular being on your mind. That is pretty much how yesterday and apparently today are going for me. It makes me feel like anything I write is virtually pointless and mundane because it doesn’t have too much significance. I guess they all can’t be life alerting deep discussions.

The weather was really nice yesterday afternoon and today its cold and raining and COLD… yes, I said COLD but it should be said again because my feet are ice cubes. I keep sticking them in front of the mini heater at my desk but it doesn’t really do much my temporarily take the sting off. I really can’t wait until it gets warmer outside… I want to wear flip flops and tank tops and have the sun keep me warm. A girl can dream :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like reading about what is going on with you... it isn't mundane to me. You are doing great!!