Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday cough

Well Monday morning is finally upon us again. I can’t say that I’m too terribly pleased about this. But I guess it’s just part of life. Actually what I think I am not too pleased about is the horrible cold I seem to have developed. On Friday I thought it was the flu, as my stomach did hurt, but by Friday afternoon I didn’t feel nauseous I just felt drained. I felt really tired and sore and craptastic. Lovely.

Since I wasn’t feeling it I made the very difficult for me decision of calling it Friday night and NOT exercising. I literally sat at work and teetered back and forth on the topic. Yes, I felt yucky but I could have made myself run. I talked to my mom who convinced me that although I took Thursday off that if I wasn’t feeling all that good it was ultimately better for me to bag a Friday run and let my body rest. Clearly my body was sending me some not so subtle hints that it needed some things. And one of those things turned out to be an alcoholic mixed drink. Yup… around 6 or so I got the overwhelming urge to must consume a fruity concoction. I haven’t had that urge in a long time so when Chris came home and found me not exercising I told him that I needed a drink.

I figured since I was already indulging in a sure to be awful for you beverage that I wanted to at least keep the food relatively healthy so we went to Red Lobster. I had shrimp and lobster and a baked potato and of course the salad. I always avoid the cheddar bay biscuits. But I did have an amazing drink. I looked it up afterwards and discovered that it was 10 points. I really didn’t feel bad about this at all. I kept the rest of the stuff pretty good and for whatever reason I wanted it and my body was clearly telling me it needed the rest and the food to recuperate.

After dinner I came home and pretty much went straight to bed. Exhaustion all around. I told myself that I could take Thursday and Friday off from exercise if I got right back on it Saturday. Saturday was an amazing day actually. I woke up and my body 100% thanked me for the two days of rest. I felt so much better and my body wasn’t sore anymore. I had a big product sort party happening and I was thrilled I felt so much better. I immediately put on workout clothes that I could move freely in for the day’s activities. Chris and I worked on cleaning up the back patio and clearing off the furniture so we could store the boxes of product out there when we were done.

Around 10 AM my cousin, my mom and sister and eventually my aunt showed up. We worked for a few hours and got everything done. Yeah! I love it when things go so well. After we were finished they hung out for a few hours and it was really nice. Eventually they left around 4 PM and I was already in my workout clothes. I did a few things around the house and hit the treadmill for a nice run. I knew instantly that my body was doing good and therefore it was the right decision to have rested on Friday. I did my normal 8 mile run and called it good.

Saturday night was just filled with me doing girly stuff and that was fun. Sunday morning I slept in as couponing was crappy this week and I felt no major urge to have to over exert myself. I did wake up yesterday with a scratchy throat and a cough which seems to have worsened today. Guess that’s how my body deals with shit.

Anyway, yesterday I went to my moms and hung out a little and then Mom, Chris and me went to Panera Bread for a nice healthy lunch and then we did a few errands. I was home by around 3 PM I think. I once again changed into workout clothes just to get me in the mood. I ended up doing more domestics and then somehow over indulging in an open bag of chex-mix before I hit the treadmill for workout 2 of the weekend. I did about a 9 mile run and called it good.

Yesterday however, the frugal girl left the building and I had a case of the I want to buy nice things for myself. Oops… it’s possible that I have a few packages coming in the mail in the near future. I will try and not feel bad about that.

I ended up being starving last night again. I think this is my body’s way to telling me that I am sick and it needs things to heal. I opted for a chicken breast we had cooked and frozen (we just microwave them and they are delicious and ready to go) and then I bought some pita bread things at the store yesterday so I ended up putting avocado, chicken breast, lettuce and some feta cheese crumbles in this pita thing. It was AMAZING and perfect. Of course that didn’t stop me from wanting a few Hershey kisses when I was done. Oh well.

Overall I’d say it was a fine weekend. It wasn’t my best, wasn’t my worst. I am taking this as a huge victory considering how shitty I felt most of it. As I sit here in the office hacking up a lung I’d say being able to get through the weekend, getting in two runs, and not completely binging is a definite win. I think when you don’t feel great you give yourself permission to indulge in the things that are going to make you feel better. For me that was that alcoholic beverage and of course buying myself shiny pretty new things…

Today is right back at it, whatever “it” really is… I am sitting in my office cold as usual and counting down the time until lunch. I am extra hungry again and not sure what my plans for lunchtime are. I know what I am eating, I brought a lean cuisine pizza, just what my plans for running errands, if any, actually are.

Tonight is the Biggest Loser finale which I won’t be watching until tomorrow night but the nice thing about stalking all the former contestants on facebook is that they are posting pictures from California an the finale. The ones that are there anyway, lots of group shots. It’s cool to see all the former contestants now and see what they really look like after the fact. I often wonder though, they really have to pay for their own trip out to the finale I am sure but I guess they get to go, seeing as they are former contestants and all they are invited. I guess it’s like this little family unto itself and therefore worth the money just to be around everyone. I guess its good motivation for them to keep at it. Nonetheless, I like seeing the pictures.

Chris works late tomorrow and Wednesday night apparently so I will have two evenings to myself. Of course this means he has Thursday and Friday off this week which is always difficult for me and my exercise routine. Guess I will just have to do the best I can for sure.

Given all of these factors and the reality that I lost so much weight last week I am really not anticipating a large loss this week at all. Given my less than great physical health I will be happy with anything around a pound for sure. Just mentally prepping myself for what is sure to be a less than stellar week. I don’t have too much else going on. Just wishing I didn’t feel like I was hacking up a lung for sure.

No comments: