Tuesday, March 26, 2013

She is going down!

A good friend of mine sent me this quote on facebook yesterday…



I am in love. Thank you Theresa!!! This pretty much sums up everything I’ve been saying this time around. It actually is quite fitting. I will beat her!!! This time she is going down for good. I love it so much. I may have hiccups along the road because God knows we all do, but I am determined that this time I will finally win. I really am a much different person now than at any other point in my life so I keep holding on to that reality.

Anyhow, despite yesterday or rather despite the weekend I managed a solid day yesterday. I came home and ran. Did an amazing run actually. That is what happens when I take a day off; my legs feel like they can go forever. But I secretly suspect that I don’t work as hard because I don’t sweat as much because it’s easier because I took the previous day off…. Picky, picky.

I had a great day of eating but have to admit something. The past week I have become really bad about writing down my food. I have become pretty damned complacent really and haven’t been tracking my food all that much. I’m kind of wondering if I should try the whole listening to my body thing and not worry so much about tracking. Just eat healthy good foods and eat a filling snack when I’m hungry and just see where that takes me. I don’t know.

I’m coming up on my incredibly busy garage sale week. In fact we are setting up for the sale this Friday/Saturday so there is lots of prep work I am working on this week. I kind of feel like a chicken with my head cut off. I have a list of errands to run and things to do before Friday. I am working Friday but my mom and sister have the day off and therefore will be setting up some while I am at work. Once it’s set up its presale time and this means next week is going to be CRAZY and my workouts are going to be very hard to get in. I will be incredibly lucky to get 3 or 4 workouts…. I am not making any promises at all. Sometimes for just a week we have to put exercise on the back burner because something else truly is more important. I need to make the money so I can afford to pay for my Maui vacation and my luxuries I have become accustomed to.

I’ve got tons of errands to run today. The bank to deposit some money to pay for the P!nk tickets I bought yesterday. Rite-Aid to do some shopping, Safeway for some more Greek Yogurt, Office Depot to pick up some more signs for the garage sale and maybe Walgreens too. These are just my personal errands as you can tell and not actually work related errands. I don’t know if I’m going to actually fit all that in. We will see.

Tonight’s plan is this. Come home, immediately run. Then Chris will probably be home and we are going to unload some stuff from the shed for the garage sale, some boards for shelving. Then we have to run to Home Depot to look for some shelving units. I am thinking about purchasing some shelves for the garage sale. Come home and then maybe assemble one??? We need to start tarping off the garage walls as well. Can’t stand a million people asking me is that for sale when it clearly is hanging on your wall shelves because it belongs there not because it actually is for sale.

Anyway, Chris works late tomorrow night so he won’t be around and then Thursday night mom and pam are brining over there garage sale stuff so we need to have things in place. Oh, and sometime in there I need to make my signs from the signboards I am buying today. It’s a busy life. I want to get some of the shelving units set up because tomorrow night I can start loading one of them while Chris is working if they are set up. I might need his help in setting them up, I am not sure as I have not even purchased them yet.

Sometimes I think that being busy actually might not be a bad thing. It keeps me completely distracted from health stuff which has its benefits at times. I clearly do have a tendency to over think things and overcomplicate stuff. If I just let it happen naturally, while still eating well and staying busy then life just happens and I feel like I am not working that hard and hopefully still being good. I don’t mind shifting a little of the focus away from health for the next two weeks which are bound to be very busy for me.

I do promise you this…. That girl (ya know the one who was beaten me before)… she WON’T win this time. I won’t let her. I will maintain my strength and composure and healthy lifestyle during the next two weeks while being stressed and busy. I will keep her in the forefront and I will somehow, someway carve out some time for exercise. If evenings end up proving too difficult I promise you that I will wake my ass up early and run in the morning… something I hate and reserve for only special occasions. That or else I will run at 9 PM if I have to. I could also make myself walk outside during lunch if it is not pouring outside. All possibilities but I will make it happen. Huh, this must be what the rest of the world feels like with actual busy lives…. Clearly my life is pretty laid back with a lot of availability to focus my time and energies on me.

I’m actually kind of excited for the next couple weeks to see how I balance it all plus I mean, I love the rewards of my hard work. I think it’s going to be fun :) Anyway, I will see how many of my errands I can run today and still manage to eat my lunch and do some work… Oh and I'm still really giddy about my P!nk tickets... I am so excited to celebrate a year of healthy living in October by rockin it at the pit of a P!nk concert... yup... happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yep, you are going to beat her this time... and she isn't coming back. The new Emily is here to stay. :)