Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Magic

Can you believe it’s actually Thursday already? I heart Thursday’s probably because it is my weigh-in day, and the only day that I actually get on the scale to see the progress of my hard work. I suspect I would not like Thursday’s nearly as much if I wasn’t as consistent in my weight loss but truthfully I EARN every loss I have. It’s not like I sit around expecting my body to change without ensuring that it will. I put in the effort and I really do earn the numbers I see.

With that said, as I suspected, with the hard week of exercise and on point eating I earned myself a 3.2 pound loss this morning. The best part is that I get to say goodbye to the 160’s…. I am now 159.6 pounds. When I first stood on that scale at 220 pounds I wanted to throw up. But more importantly I remember just wishing I was in the 150’s… Yes somewhere in the 140’s is my ultimate goal but I knew the 150’s is where I really do like myself and my body and feel like I can be happy again. I am going to get to my 140’s goal but for today I am totally going to take living in the 150’s. I am barely there, but that second number is definitely a 5 and I am confident enough in myself that it only goes down from here. I don’t do gains :) (Said the crazy girl!)

With all the said, here is my updated charts…





I also like Thursday’s because it means one day closer to the weekend and you are confidently in the latter half of the week. Most enjoyable. This weekend should be interesting as Saturday I have a coupon product sorting day scheduled. I have tons of boxes in my garage…. Like I don’t know 200… yeah, probably not exaggerating and they need to be sorted into like items. Chris is home this weekend to help and my mom and one of my cousins is coming to help. Actually part of me thinks this will be fun.

I want to take a moment to talk about what I did last night. You see yesterday was day 5 in a row of exercise. I know my body fairly well and day 4 I start to fade and usually need a rest after 4 days, but sometimes the situation calls for a fifth day, such as yesterday. However, the desire and quite frankly the ability is lesser. I got on the treadmill and started running. I was doing my normal run but I’m not going to lie it was harder than it should be. I just kept running anyway, BUT… at around 36-37 minutes I’m like I don’t want to do this… this sucks… I hate this… Yes, I rarely get those thoughts and then I had another thought pop into my mind. It’s actually nice outside, a rarity and my doggie is sitting here staring at me… Yup, I think I can… I am sure you guessed it. At 40 minutes I stopped the treadmill and hopped off. I dug thru my stuff to find an arm strap for my phone, grabbed the lease and Molly and me were off for what I call a fast walk.

We ended up walking to my mom’s house about a mile away. She wasn’t home but I have her garage keypad code so I went in to give Molly some water and then we headed back out on our way. I took the long route home to avoid the scary pit bull who looked like he was going to jump over the fence to kill Molly and attack me. The long route added another half mile to the walk. When I got home I had accomplished a 2.5 mile outside walk and it was lovely. Molly had a great time. It didn’t feel like exercise at all. Something different for sure. The problem was while I walked 2.5 miles my body didn’t really consider it exercise either because I only burned about 100 calories doing that meaning my heart rate wasn’t where it normally is. I have a little mental game where I am supposed to get 1000 calories burned in an exercise session, so I got myself back on the treadmill to finish up. In the end all of my efforts combined netted 9.5 miles and a little over 1000 calories burned. What was nice is that I mixed it up just a little and it didn’t feel so horrible!

All this tells me today I need to take off from running. Clearly my body is sending me a message that it’s tired. I will listen to it. The only thing I might do tonight, if the weather allows for it, is take a nice walk with Molly and maybe even Chris. This is not hardcore workout so I am sure my body would be fine with it. I am still toying with the idea of a stop at Ulta after work today. It’s possibly on the agenda. I do find that I need a distraction if I don’t go home and immediately exercise. It’s too easy for me get out of whack otherwise. A stop at Ulta might be a good distraction for me and a nice reward for hitting the 150’s on the scale. Yes, as I’ve said before I really do believe in rewarding your efforts.

Today is more of the same on the food front. I’ve pretty much got my food dialed in at this point. I know when my body needs a snack and what to give it. I know what it can handle, etc. With the exception of a few unexplainable hunger pains from time to time, I am pretty content with the quality of what I’m giving myself.

It is nice to see that my hard work last week really did net the results I was hoping for. I am honestly BEYOND ecstatic with a 3.2 pound loss. That is not something that happens every week for sure. I also realize this means next week won’t be as spectacular but that’s okay. I really wanted to get to the 150’s and I accomplished that. I am now down 60.4 pounds, another victory too. Dude, I’ve lost 60 pounds… That is a pretty big deal I guess. I mean, I wish I didn’t gain the 60 to begin with, but shit… that is a lot of weight to lose in like 5 ½ months…. And yes, it is a lot of work. Let me clarify that. I run, and I run, and I run. Most weeks I get at least 5 days of running in, burning the aforementioned 1000 calories or more each time. Doing at least 8 miles each time, so that is consistently 40 plus miles a week. That is how you lose 60 pounds in 5 ½ months. It is work. But the reward is worth it all in the end.

Yeah for Thursday’s!!!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on your lose girl!!! you are awesome!!! <3

Unknown said...

Yay!!! That is so exciting!

Living A Dream Together said...

You are doing amazing, Emily!