Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Work

Talk about a super busy weekend. I haven’t had one like that in a while. My husband was home this weekend (he works every other weekend) and somehow we just ended up being busy. I don’t have a problem with that, it’s nice to feel like you have a life but it leaves things a little lackluster on the healthy living front. I didn’t do horrible and somehow I feel like I start to sound like a broken record of the weekend. I did ok, I will kick ass today and all will be fine. I think I utter this sentiment every weekend. Oh well I suppose.

Friday I went home and ran. Had a wonderfully mentally motivating run. It was all mental. I didn’t want to run but I promised myself I would and then I talked myself into a run because I said when Chris got home we could go to Applebee’s for dinner if I ran. So I ran. And then we did go to Applebee’s where I got the under 550 calorie menu item Napa Chicken. It was delicious. I did end up over eating a little on Friday, but with the run I was more than fine. I think I ate an extra 6 points or so. I was just stupidly hungry all day.

Saturday started out pretty good. I woke up and had some coffee and then hit the grocery store for some early edition Sunday newspapers for my coupon inserts. Yup, the life of a couponer. I grabbed a banana at the store to and then headed to my 10 AM facial appointment. I had never had one before and in the end I thought it was pretty awesome. I am not sure that it really did anything for my dry skin per say but it did feel really nice. It was completely relaxing and it totally makes me want a massage real bad. I definitely see one of those in my future for sure.

After said facial I came home and Chris and I headed out to Quiznos for some lunch and then we went to the fruit stand and got a giant box of apples for $10. Perfect. We ran a few errands and then came home. I spend then next hour and half cleaning the house. It’s nice to have a clean house and then I headed out for a 5 PM nail appointment to get my acrylic nails filled. Yup, I am a high maintenance bitch these days. Facial and a nail fill. I purposely was taking Saturday off from running since I had ran the previous 5 days in a row.

For dinner Chris made a wonderful pork roast on the bar-b-que and we had grilled veggies and corn and a baked potato. Wonderful dinner. Saturday I was really good with my food consumption. No complaints on that day.

Sunday morning I woke up to do my couponing thing. Bright and early sitting in the Rite-Aid parking lot at 7:40 AM. I was out with my mom and sister till about Noon couponing. I got hungry as one does without snacks. I ended up buying one of those little packs of smoked almonds. I made the mistake of not checking the point value before I ate the package. I figured it was almonds, how bad could they be… I know Almonds are not bad for you really but it was 7 points. Ugh. That mentally sent me into a sort of tailspin. When I came home I was starving and Chris and I were going to go out to Panera Bread for lunch but I was waiting for him so I started eating Hershey Kisses and honestly I couldn’t stop all day. I ate so many of those suckers. Pissers.

Anyway, we did go to Panera where I got a salad and an apple. Yeah me. Hit up Target for a new shirt I saw in the ad and decided I must own. We then went to Lowes to pick up some yard moss out stuff. When we came home I changed into my workout clothes thinking I would run. Chris mowed the lawn and I started cleaning doing some domestics. Before I knew it I was knee deep in a garage sale project.

I am not sure I’ve really mentioned the couponing thing in great detail. I am an extreme couponer; I know I’ve said that before. What I haven’t mentioned to much is the reality that my extra couponing stuff we stockpile and then sell at a garage sale. It’s me second job. I work my ass off at this and I make pretty good money doing it. That is how I can afford my trip to Maui. Anyway, it’s gearing up for garage sale time which is always incredibly hectic. There is A LOT of work that goes into that. I have hundreds of boxes that are being stored in my shed that had to me moved into the garage so that later on I can sort all the product, and then they have to moved out so that we can set up for the garage sale.

We are tentatively planning on having the garage sale April 6 so all the pre-stuff has to start happening. Chris and I spent yesterday afternoon moving boxes. Lots of boxes. It was a lot of work!!! Therefore I did not end up running. Instead I moved boxes which did make me work a little. Anyway, I kept eating crap food so that was not good. I had more wheat thins and cream cheese because I love it so much. Still not horrible in the grand scheme of things.

Let me just say I am not mad at myself about the weekend. I did fine. I think everything will be fine. I just have to get right back at it today and make sure I get in my exercise tonight and Tuesday and Wednesday which will put me at 5 runs for this week and that is all I shoot for anyway. If I run 5 days a week I feel very happy with that. So yes, tonight I will run and actually taking two days off I am quite ready for a good run. I think it will improve my mental state all around.

I also did a lot more clothes cleaning out last night too so that felt great. I completely cleared out under the spare bedroom bed which was jammed full of clothes. I have a huge garage sale pile and that feels nice too. This next weekend I plan to work on sorting my couponing stuff and start pricing my clothing etc. for the sale. This is going to consume much of my life the next month and the week of the garage sale is going to be crazy. We start setting up the weekend before and then we have pre-sales the whole week before. I am so nervous about getting in my exercise but I will cross that bridge when I come to it I guess. No need to stress out prematurely after all. I’m just eating my banana and drinking some water now… Pretty much back to the Monday grind of it all.

No comments: