Monday, March 25, 2013

A Woman of her Word

I am in a terrible funk today. I almost didn’t want to post at all. I actually wasn’t going to post but then I remembered a little promise I made to myself that the key to staying on this path and being healthy is for me to be accountable and not run away from my problems, even when it’s rough. This weekend was rough. I don’t know what came over me but I was not a good girl. Friday night I went to dinner with my mom and sister and we did Olive Garden. I got a glass of sweet wine and a healthy option but ate 3 breadsticks. I then ate far too many pieces of candy at home. Oh well. Saturday was actually pretty good in terms of eating and then I did have a nice hour run.

And then comes Sunday. Yesterday I wasn’t a good girl either. I ate m&m’s and had a decent Applebee’s 550 calorie or less item. Mainly I ate more candy again at night. I don’t know what I did that. And mostly I felt like crap because I didn’t run. I should have made myself exercise but I talked myself out of it. This is what happens to me. But in the spirit of being different than previous attempts at this, here I am actually blogging and admitting my failures.

In the grand scheme of things, all is not lost. I had a few higher than necessary days, but nothing that those supposed “flex” points wouldn’t take care of. But I doubt that anyone would still really lose weight eating an extra 49 points a week. Geesh. Anyhow, I only ran once, but I ran once. Not the end of the world. And I will run tonight and tomorrow and Wed. so that will be 4 ½ workouts this week. I say half because last Thursday night I only ran 4 miles and that’s a half workout for me. It won’t be horrible all things considered but it just makes me feel crappy right now.

I am certain I deserve a day off on the weekend but I can’t help but feel like shit today anyway. I should focus on the positive. I really felt good most of the weekend. Saturday night I dyed my hair blonde (blonder) again, basically covering up my emerging roots and I love it. I always love it when my hair is so nicely blond. Ever since I went back to using Philosophy face products a few weeks ago my skin feels and is looking so much better… amazing really. I am loving that. It is decidedly so that my size 10 Old Navy jeans are now too big. Problem is I do not have any size 8’s purchased to go into. So instead I wear the 10’s and pull them up over and over. I need to get some Size 8’s…

And in the most exciting news of the day… This girl right here is 100% for sure going to Seattle October 20 to see Pink again in concert. I am nothing if not a woman of my word. Case in point…

On Feb 17, after seeing her in Vegas, I wrote this exact phrase here on this board:
Needless to say it was pure perfection. So much so that somewhere into the second or third song I looked at Chris and said next time, I don’t care what it costs, we will be in the front. Yes I am verbally committing to the reality that the next tour, however long that takes, another 4-5 years maybe; I will be $1000 a ticket if I must to sit in the front.

I put my money where my mouth was today as the VIP package presale’s happened at 10 AM this morning. I waited and waited and as soon as the clock struck 10:00 AM exactly I hit refresh and I hit purchase on 2 VIP tickets for general admission pit tickets. The pit is standing room only in the front of the stage. This is where all the action happens. This is exactly the area I was talking about when I said I would be there next time. And here it is, next time, and you know what, I ponied up. So I was able to score two VIP tickets and I paid a total of $650… which is not the $1,000 a piece I claimed I would pay so I am actually quite happy about that.

So this girl is not only a woman of her word, but I am also going to be in the front pit at the show. I am a little scared because generally I wouldn’t say I’m a pit kind of girl but it’s Pink so, you know… This gives me something concrete to look forward to after Maui. I talked to Chris this afternoon and he was excited. I thought he might have been a little upset about spending that much money, but he wasn’t. He was excited to have pit tickets so I’d say good call. Plus, damned scalpers are already selling tickets on the internet and 2 VIP pit tickets they want double, $1,300 for…. Plus they are sold out now. So I’m glad I did not hesitate and went for it.

It’s almost time for me to go home, which is good, because that means this Monday is almost over… good 

No comments: