Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday

Well hello Friday morning. You are not as glorious as I had hoped for but you are Friday and therefore by virtue of that alone you are still pretty awesome. I will take it. It’s kind of nice to be on the cusp of a weekend without too many major plans. Yes, tomorrow at 3 I have a nail appointment but other than that I don’t have any real commitments. Sunday morning I do intend to coupon but again, not a major thing.

It is Friday so as is customary Chris and I may end up going out to dinner tonight. I do not intend to get a drink this week as for whatever reason last week I had that major craving for one and I don’t feel it necessary today. But that doesn’t mean we can’t do dinner. I am pretty certain looking back we’ve probably had Friday night dinner out for the last couple months. But we will see.

I think in the back of my mind I figured on not exercising tonight so I was trying to force myself to exercise last night. Probably not a good idea. I had ran the previous 5 days in a row. Last night I attempted to run. 6th day in a row. Yeah… since recommitting to my health in October I have not done 6 days in a row. I generally know when my body needs a break and typically 4 days is it and then I need a day off. On occasion I can push myself thru 5 days but 6 days was probably a terribly stupid idea. I got on the treadmill and I ran. Actually it wasn’t awful but my mind was giving out more than my body. Mentally the combination of Chris being in the other room walking around and my body just saying No and after 30 minutes I quit. Yes, words you will rarely hear me say. I QUIT! It’s hard to call it a failure since in those 30 minutes I ran almost 4 miles and burned 500 calories…. Anyhow, I decided a more productive use of my time was to take my husband and my dog on an outside walk.

I should have rethought the outside walk plan. I was just trying so hard to be active I guess. I say that because it was COLD. Like bone chilling cold. We did walk over to the school where I walked another mile or so and burned another 100 calories or so. But we were all frozen little ice cubes when we got home. Oh well. I was so cold I decided it was definitely time to call it for the evening. I made a chicken avocado feta cheese sandwich followed by a Oinkos Pomegranate Greek yogurt for dessert. I managed to eat pretty much on track for the day. It’s hard to really gauge all the few extra bites you put in your mouth and I am so guilty of that. At least my extra splurges are a little piece of beef jerky and some almonds instead of candy and crap. This is pretty much how I function most weeks and it doesn’t seem to do me too much harm so I think I shall be fine.

Ultimately this means that I will not run tonight even if I want too. My body is telling me it’s time for a break. If I want to have a good run tomorrow I will not torture myself with a half ass run tonight. Clearly body says rest! I will listen because it hasn’t steered me wrong thus far.

Tomorrow I will get in a nice good run where hopefully I feel like running! I am trying very hard this week to be a good girl and stay on track. I do have a lot of domestic stuff I could/should do around the house so perhaps that is what I should focus on tomorrow. But then again I might just say fuck it and do whatever else I want instead.

The point of it all is, it’s Friday. And that is a good thing :)

No comments: