Thursday, March 28, 2013

Everything is different



This quote has been sticking in my mind for weeks. I think about it a lot. It’s not as if day by day I notice any real changes in my body. In fact if I’m being completely honest most of the time I have no idea change is occurring and can often feel defeated by it all. But if you look back, everything is different. Nothing could be truer than that. It’s been pretty much a little less than 6 months since I ventured down this path again and I am so far removed from that girl I could cry from happiness.

Today I lost 2.2 pounds which puts me at 65 pounds lost total. I am 1 pound shy of losing 30% of my original body weight. That is HUGE. While I can’t notice the changes on a daily basis, there is simply no denying that looking back everything is vastly different. I went from 220 pounds to 155 pounds as of today. 155 has always been a very comfortable happy weight for me. I will work towards my 140/145 weight but honestly in my heart I kind of suspect that the place where I will be most able to maintain my weight is 155. I am not quitting now, I am going to keep going but I can say with honestly that I love my body at 155 pounds. This is good to know because if this is the ultimate place where I have to end up in order to actually live my life than I am okay with that. To document the day, I went ahead and took some new pictures…



I am still going to work hard to get to my goal because we all know that at 155 pounds and 5 foot 3 inches I have weight to lose but I am happy. I am comfortable in my own skin again and that is the most important thing to me.

Last night I stuck true to my word and came home and immediately ran. I did a nice 8 mile run again and then immediately went into garage sale set up mode. When it is all set up on Saturday I will take pictures and post them so you can see the magnitude of the work that is involved in this set up. I think seeing is believing so I really will take photos. It’s basically like setting up your own store. Lots of work. Anyhow, I work on thru and get shit done. It’s what I do.

I really am excited for my loss today as I’ve said the last week has been less than stellar. I really can’t believe I am 10 pounds away from the goal I set for myself at the start. And honestly I can’t believe it’s been 6 months. It really doesn’t feel like that long at all. And yet, it seems like this is just a part of my life now and I simply can’t imagine not caring about what I eat and not exercising. Crazy that after 6 months it really is simply my lifestyle. I am very happy with my life right now.

I can honestly say that so far 2013 has been very good to me. 2012 was not the best year of my life but 2013 is shaping up to be pretty incredible. I am one thrilled puppy today!

Tonight is more of the same. I run and then my sister and mom are bringing over there garage sale stuff and it’s more sorting, etc. It’s all on track for this girl especially with all the challenges that this week is going to bring for me. I REALLY need to stay solidly on track. Garage sale time is crazy for me but I am so happy that I was still able to lose last week, now I just have to make it thru this complicated week and then it’s downhill from there in terms of the difficulties. One week. I got this!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look absolutely amazing!! I bet you feel great too!!!

Brianna said...

You look so beautiful! Love the newly colored hair and the outfit! You have always been great at layering and looking cute.

You look great at 155. I too am 5'3", and I was looking back at pics from college and thinking I looked so great- not too skinny, just in shape with curves. And I was about 148-155 range then. So funny that some of those weight/height charts say we should weigh like 110. Uh yeah, if I want to look like Skeletor! I'd take fit and healthy and slightly out of the height/weight chart range any day.

That being said, 145 is like my dream weight too, so I COMPLETELY know what you mean about seeing if you can get there and wanting to know if it's worth the work it might take to stay there. Just know that you look fabulous just as you are. You've worked hard over the last six months and it's really inspiring.

Also, kudos to you for making it work during a crazy busy time in your life. I think that's a huge key to long-term success. Just figure out how to make it all work when life gets in the way, but keep that same wonderful attitude that you've had, where if all the cards don't line up during one week, just breathe and accept it and and keep on trucking. Obviously this attitude is working well for you since in those weeks where you had setbacks, you still lost- and over six months it all added up to huge success!

YAY EMILY!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Ohmigosh! I can't believe you slimmed down so quickly. That's so inspiring. I am 5'3" and still at the beginning of my journey (starting close to where you started). October wasn't that long ago and you look amazing now. Thanks for the extra motivation!