Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Just a bad day

Yesterday was a long stressful day. I won’t go into the details because ultimately they are irrelevant. I had a shitty day at work, I had a shitty day at home, but you know what… I STILL managed to keep my calm and carry on. I managed to not let it get into my head and make poor choices. I managed to eat well and exercise and try and move forward.

Not every day is filled with sunshine and roses. It is equally as important to learn to deal with the pressures of life thru adversity as it is to maintain health in the good times. I am proud of myself because I learned a valuable lesson yesterday. I really am starting to love myself again. Previously when faced with a shitty day, a shitty mood, it was easy for me to go to that place where I am DOWN on myself and verbally beat myself up. Tell myself all the things that are wrong with me, etc. Generally not love myself. Yesterday I really was able to realize that I love myself and I am stronger than I think and give myself credit for my accomplishments. Valuable lesson learned.

I am so much stronger, braver and happier than I realize on a day to day basis. I just kept saying to myself it’s just a bad day, not a bad life.



We all have them. Move forward.

Because of the shitty day at work and a few things that happened the end result was that I had to stay late at work and therefore didn’t make it home until about an hour later than normal. This, combined with the aforementioned shitty day all around, led me to a pissy mood to begin with. (Or perhaps I went into the day with a pissy mood already and that helped to set the shitty tone of yesterday). Anyhow, home an hour late and I got on the treadmill. This really does help me clear my mind and make me feel strong again. I ran. I pushed thru my demons and felt pretty good afterwards.

Life just is never prefect. I don’t honestly expect perfection. Bad days make you appreciate the good ones, right? What I don’t love is the yucky feeling in my stomach that things are out of whack in my world and it’s like a plague on my soul. Yes, dramatic but truthful. I’m fearful that this stress that won’t go away will take its toll on my body. It always does. I am powerless to change the situation I am in so I must work extra hard to not let it control my mood. I need to find the happy in the day so that I can be happy, despite the nagging yuck in the pit of my stomach.

Today I promise myself this… I will maintain a smile even when I don’t feel like it. I will remind myself I am beautiful and worth it, I will drink my water and eat my healthy foods and you know what, I am going to go home and run and watch the new Biggest Loser. I love new Biggest Loser night (despite not really loving this season all that much) and that is something to look forward to. A nice long workout tonight to elevate my mood.

I will find the beauty in the day. Because God knows there is always beauty in any day and yes, it can always be worse. So today I will make lemonade out of lemons and I will push on thru. So with that in mind I am going to talk about the positive of today… I got a really cute necklace I ordered from amazon in the mail yesterday and I am wearing it today and I really like it. I think it is adorable and I like my outfit today and I feel really happy with how I look so I took photos….



I am certain I am just being over dramatic anyway and I will get thru all this and be happy in a few days… In the meantime, I shall focus my efforts and attention on things I can control like my food and exercise. Cause I certainly need a reason to be more obsessive compulsive :)

In the meantime I will keep my head held high and focus on the truths to get me thru....



3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look AMAZING!!!! I love the necklace and the outfit. You will get through this... and you are right... just focus on what you do have control on. Take the negative energy and turn it into a positive!!

Pg_Ro said...

Tonight I am really glad I decided to look at my google reader before bed, because I really needed that quote about "it's just a bad day not a bad life". I am having kind of shitty day as well, so it's good to just remember it is just another day.

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, and it is good to recognize you really are stronger than you give you sometimes give yourself credit for.



Brianna said...

LOVE the white and turquoise!! You look fantastic!