Friday, March 8, 2013

Putting in the Work



I am mixing things up today by putting my quote first for a very important reason. Last night while I was lying in bed, having a horrible night’s sleep I kept thinking about the reality that you won’t get results if you don’t put in the work and I of course remember reading a quote similar to this sentiment and had to find it today to share.

I do believe this is going to be my motto this weekend.
“Don’t be upset by the results you didn’t get with the work you didn’t do.”

Pretty basic, and yet still so hard all at once. Mainly I was referencing my horrible atittudes on the past couple weekends and my inability to really produce any solid healthy living. I haven’t been proud of myself the past two weekends and I really want to make this one a different story. But as the quote goes, I have no right to be upset with myself if I don’t put in the effort. Last weekend in particular I did not exercise once in two days. Really, that might be unacceptable to me. Maybe it doesn’t have to be a killer run, but something…

I honestly am not upset with my results from last week. I think I’m doing fine and whether I exercised over the weekend or not I am certain would not fully have affected the scale but mostly I am upset by my attitude. That is what I want to change. So I will, I promise myself this today, get in at least 1 workout in the two days I have availiable to me, just for me, over the weekend. One would really think I could manage 1 workout.

Last night I did get in a run. It wasn’t a pretty run but it was still a run and I took it! Later in the evening I took a shower and actually spent the time afterwards to blow dry my hair. As Chris was otherwise preoccupied all last evening I was pretty much on my own which lead to me staring at myself in the mirror for a while. Ha… can’t help it, it’s how I gauge how things are changing in my body. Anyway, I was actually feeling pretty good about how things are shaping up. BUT… and this is an easy fix, I realized that I might want to cut my hair a little. I always pull my hair back because basically I can’t stand to have my hair hanging down in my face, it’s just too long so I need to find some inspiration or perhaps a cute shoulder length layered do online that inspires me to actually go to a salon. My hair is flat and boring otherwise and it just might be time for a change. I mean my massage isn’t until 3 tomorrow, there’s always time to sneak in a hair cut in the morning…. Ha, we will see.

So I felt incredibly guilty last night because I was talking to my sister Jen on the phone and she was telling me how much she was struggling with motivation. She has been working out with her trainer for a week and she didn’t lose any weight. My heart sank. I felt bad for ever having a slightly negative thought. I want her to be successful and honestly, there simply is no way that we should even be competitive at all in any way shape or form. I forgot that I am obsessive compulsive so its difficult for anyone to take on things the way I do. My sister is NOT obsessive compulsive. She is a hypochondriac but I don’t think that proves any benefit in the weight loss realm. My very first instinct was to try and help her and encourage her all I could. I suggested to her what I have said on here which is maybe she shouldn’t weigh herself for a month, as to not get discouraged. She sounded so defeated and sad. It broke my heart. I tried to be as encouraging as possible. Instantly I felt like a horrible human being for writing the words I did on this site… I know I didn’t really wish her any negativity but I still felt bad. I love her so much and only want her success, really. It’s so hard to hear someone you love so much struggle and sound so sad. :(

Anyway, I am ready and excited to have a perfectly on track healthy weekend. I feel like I can do that and pamper me and stay focused. I got this. I will put in the work this weekend to get the results that I want. And the result is not scale driven, its mental…. I just want to prove to myself that I can do this. That its possible for me to have a great healthy weekend!

That is all, now back to our regularly scheduled lives….

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan for the weekend. I would suggest that you get your run over with either Saturday morning or Sunday.... let yourself enjoy the massage on Saturday afternoon... you will feel so relaxed and will not want to run afterwards. Enjoy!