Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Caution: Crazy days ahead

I am glad it is Wednesday afternoon already. That means the week is officially half over… it has gone by so fast and that is kind of cool. I say cool because I feel like I have been so busy the past couple days that I haven’t given any thought to my food/exercise at all… and you know what… it has all been spot on. That means, in the midst of being crazy busy without thinking too much about it I ran and I ate healthy. Last night I came home and keeping with my schedule of to-do’s I immediately got on the treadmill and ran. I considered it another important thing that I had to take care of on my list. 8 mile run… done. Check.

I got off the treadmill at pretty much the same time my husband was pulling into the driveway. I immediately turned my attention to the yard sale signs that I needed to make. Chris mowed the lawn and then we converged on emptying some stuff out of the shed to pull out the boards for shelving. We did some more stuff around the house and then headed to Home Depot. We picked up 3 shelving units for the garage sale and a new ladder that we desperately needed. We then came home and I finished my yard signs and Chris tarped off one side of the garage and then we assembled the new shelves and put up the board shelves. It was an incredibly productive night. I felt great about what we accomplished! However it was late before we got to bed. The reality was, it was around 11:30 before I got my ass to bed. I am tired today because of it.

That’s okay. We all know I will push thru because I am a determined girl. Tonight I will run again, as is second nature and then I will work on unloading some product onto my newly assembled shelves. While I haven’t exactly been feeling this whole health and wellness thing, I am proud of the notion that despite being busy and my life being complicated right now I am still managing great choices. I haven’t given tomorrow mornings weigh-in much thought to be honest. My weekend was really rough, but Monday-Wednesday have been perfectly on track. I honestly can’t even predict what the scale will do. I know I’ve had 2 great weigh-in’s in a row so if its not great that’s fine too. I’m at the point where I seriously have so much more to think about than the scale and for the next two weeks I will take it.

This weekend we set up the garage sale and then all next week we have family presales in the evenings and then we are doing a Saturday only garage sale on April 6 and then another Saturday only sale on April 13. The nice thing is, the week in-between the sales should be easy going, no more evening sales, etc. Really my crazy week is next week, although this week has felt pretty crazy as well.

I don’t have a ton to say on the whole healthy living front, because I am just making it thru and not really going there. I think I’m entitled to phone it in once in a while. I ran to Safeway today, because I didn’t get to yesterday and picked up some more Oikos Greek yogurt. That is definitely going to be a later afternoon snack. Love it so much!!!

I don’t think I really have anything else profound to say, but I still came here and wrote shit anyway… I will definitely be back tomorrow and let you know what the scale says… I’m awfully curious myself.

No comments: