Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stay Tuned...

Last night was a fabulous arm workout personal training session. It was exactly what I needed as I was not in the mood to particularly work my legs. I mean, I would have, but mostly since the last time I was at the gym was Thursday night, I REALLY felt like a good upper body workout was in order and she did not disappoint. I literally worked my arms to the point of exhaustion. Ever had that happen? Yeah, it’s pretty much a total body betrayal and by that I mean, my brain says lift those weights up over your head but your body betrays you and literally can’t make the muscles move any longer. It’s an interesting thing really. But I felt a little bit of relief to be honest to get back to doing some weight lifting.

While this last weekend was momentous in terms of my belief in myself and my running, it was slightly less than stellar on the overall health and wellness front. I didn’t exercise Friday or Saturday which already leaves me feeling a little lethargic by nature and then add in completely less than stellar food choices and I’m feeling like a major fatty. That is all mental. It’s just nice to get back to some serious ass kicking weight training.

Of course today is totally going to be off for me. I am not really looking forward to the next few hours or really this entire evening to be honest. I am at work until about 1 PM, when I have to leave, stop by my house change into an appropriately solemn black dress and head to a graveyard for my grandma’s services at 2 PM. Afterwards we are meeting my uncle and his wife at a pizza parlor in the town I grew up in. To be honest I am not looking forward to this at all. This is my dad’s brother who we have very little contact with. He is a nice enough guy but was just never really involved in our lives. He lives in Seattle and works for Microsoft. He is like that rich uncle that you don’t really have a lot in common with. I don’t know about the extent of his wealth but he is pretty well off. That much I know. He’s been working at Microsoft for a very long time as a programmer. Like straight out of college, so at least 30 plus years. I know he started back in the beginning of the formation of Microsoft. All I know is that he has meeting with Bill Gates himself. I only say all this to illustrate how little there probably is to discuss with the man that I’ve seen like twice in 10 years.

I am going to try and not eat pizza because I don’t really need afternoon pizza. I’d like to stick around long enough to be respectful but still make it to the gym. I am not positive this is going to happen. I’m really not. I’d like to go to the gym but if the afternoon does not allow for it I am not going to press it but that bums me out as well. Of course what I HAVE to go to is a 7 PM therapy appointment. So yes, regardless of what is happening I have to leave at least by 6:15 to get back to Salem for my therapy appointment. Sounds like a lot of fun, right? Funerals are never fun, especially with people you rarely ever see. Should be interesting times.

I keep forgetting that Friday night I get to go see Adam Lavine and Kelly Clarkson in concert. That should be fun. It’s nice to have something fun coming up so soon. Especially more exciting since watching the Voice last night and being reminded of how handsome Adam is. Speaking of shows last night, can I talk about How I Met Your Mother? Um, seriously, love that show. Always have. I started watching it on the night it premiered like 8 years ago. I have watched week in and week out for 8 years of my life and it was so ridiculously rewarding last night to see the mother and see her interact with the other characters. Perfection. I have always loved that show and it did not disappoint. I will be so sad when it is finally done with.

So in terms of stuff coming up I just have this concert on Friday and then my Pink Concert middle to end of October (holy shit, Seattle and in the pit for my gal Pink, that is AMAZING!), and that is it. I have a lot of things or possibilities in my head of things I want to do, but nothing firm. I think I operate better having future stuff on the books to look forward to or work towards. I seriously need to consider planning a trip or booking something fun to have out there. I will have to seriously consider that in the upcoming months.

Of course we have Christmas thrown in there too. I love Christmas and the whole season, being with family, embracing togetherness. You know, all that cheesy stuff that warms your heart. That’s completely me. This Christmas will be completely different than last though. I remember struggling thru the season with the food choices because I was only about 3 months into losing weight and obviously was still in need of losing weight. I remember fretting over and over about going to frost cookies because I was terrified I was going to pig out on them. Not really a big issue for me this year. I mean, I might actually eat a couple cookies but I don’t worry about that throwing me off completely anymore. Oh, the past year, how you have been the most significant change in my entire life.

I keep getting surprised or caught off guard by how different I really am or the changes that have occurred. I continually surprise myself and am surprised by the things that happen to me and the things I am capable of doing. That is an amazing thing. Like running that half marathon and not really feeling like it was nearly as difficult as it could have been. Why did I wait so long to run that? It honestly had nothing to do with the running part and everything to do with the mental part and not feeling mentally strong enough. Funny how that is so much more of a hindrance than the physical part.

So I just was thinking about something fun to do to look forward to and I’m checking it out, looking into the details. Stay tuned… this could be fun… I’m getting excited now…. Wait for the announcement soon… Hint: there might be more ½ marathons in my plan later this year :)

No comments: