Friday, September 27, 2013

Mr. Levine bound

I am going to try and sneak out of work early here, like an hour early so I can get on the road for my Maroon 5/Kelly Clarkson concert. I am pretty excited actually. I love doing fun stuff, which obviously sounds like a ridiculous statement because who the hell doesn’t like doing fun stuff? Whatever. You get my point. Most of our lives are not filled with extra fun activities so when one comes around we need to embrace and enjoy it.

I am ridiculously excited actually to start my weekend off this way. The funky mood I was in yesterday has pretty much dissipated. I honestly think it was a combination of a bad day at work and being extremely physically tired. That is in fact what 5 days of exercise in a row will do to you. Pure and utter exhaustion. So yes, I am super glad today is my night off, my body definitely needs it. My ass is sore. Love it when your ass actually is tender. Guess that means I did some serious ass exercises. Someday maybe my ass won’t droop nearly as much as a result of a sore ass here and there. Between my ass aching and my upper thighs being tender I keep telling myself I am building up those strong muscles to make my running all the better. I am in running mode as a result of my ½ on Sunday and in preparation for my Vegas ½ in November. I love saying that. I mean, who doesn’t look forward to a trip?

Can you tell my mood is much improved since yesterday? Even the underlying tone of a written post is much jollier. I did do a ½ hour class last night which left me pretty spent. This is how I knew I was at my physical breaking point. I could barely muster enough energy to finish the half hour workout. I seriously almost considered bailing on the gym after that but instead walked my ass up the flight of stairs to the treadmills to try and improve my mood via a run. I wasn’t going for anything special or fancy. In fact I just wanted to barely move to be honest. I opted for a 6.2 speed on the treadmill which was very comfortable and easy for me. Basically I wanted to knock out a 3.1, 5k in 30 minutes and be done. I have to say that this speed is getting much easier for me to handle. I certainly had a lot of juice left in me when I was done, but I was just done. Good enough.

I still plan on tackling a nice longer run at some point this weekend. Maybe Sunday I will try and run for a while. Based on the big “storm” they are predicting is supposed to be rolling thru Oregon this weekend I am guessing it is going to have to be a treadmill run after all. It’s still better than no run at all. I really don’t know if I will make it to the gym at 9 AM tomorrow morning or not. I am tentatively planning on it, but I’m also not 100% set in stone either, it really depends what time I make it home tonight and how tired I feel in the morning. I will go to the gym tomorrow it really just depends on what time.

Last night my amazing leather motto jacket form Victoria Secret arrived. It is perfection. I have to admit that I have never had a “real” leather jacket and I am completely in love with it. I feel like such a badass biker bitch. I love it. You know, like all those strong kick-ass women I want to be like. I think probably somewhere in the back of my brain I have a mental image of Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy wearing a leather jacket and I was obsessed with it. Of course, couldn’t really pull it off ever, but I think I’m pulling it off now.

So last night in bed I watched the infomercial for PX90. This is what I do late at night when I can’t sleep, I literally watch exercise infomercials. Actually, it started with PX90, which is all about a 60 minute workout every day. Then they had a little commercial for a 10 minute a day workout, and then this was followed up by the 25 minute workout infomercial. I thought it was pretty humorous that back to back they were touting the miracles of a 60 minute, 10 minute and then 25 minute workout. I guess it’s really all about consistency anyway. I think I enjoy watching these stupid things because nowadays I watch some of the exercises and I go, I’ve done that. Or oh, I can do that. Lots of the exercises in PX90 are the exact same ones I do in my classes and training at the gym. So I guess in 90 days they are saying that you have these amazing results with PX90 and then I was like hmm… it’s been 90 days at the gym for me doing this kind of stuff and I really do have some decent muscle growth so I suppose if you really did PX90 every day diligently as they say you’d probably develop muscles as well. You know you’re a bit of a freak when your night viewing is an infomercial. Especially because I have no intention of ever buying them.

I have felt lately like I have been eating an extraordinarily large amount of food. Like I seem to always freaking be hungry and consume more calories than I have in forever. I haven’t really been keeping that good of track lately which is probably part of the reason that my mind is feeling like I’ve been overeating. Anyhow, I am thinking I am up to about 2000-2400 calories a day. It seems like a lot considering coming from the land of weight watchers where it was like 1200 calories a day or thereabouts. Anyway, my mind is starting to do that mental freak out on me. Like, wow, you are eating way too much and then mixed with not tracking and then throw in there not weighing myself in like forever and you have a recipe for disaster. I think that was part of my yesterday as well. I was just so hungry and kept eating. I keep thinking that I must be gaining weight eating the way I have been. I don’t like the lack of control I guess.

So for the hell of it, to put my mind at ease, I decided to weigh myself this morning. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was within my allotted weight range. I have set my weight range between 135-142 pounds. This is where I want to live at. As long as I am living in there than I am a happy girl. And I was within this range. I guess that means that all that extra food consumption is probably just my body telling me to eat to help build up that muscle. As long as I’m not actually gaining weight I guess I can live with it. I just wanted to quite that little naggy voice in my head telling me that I had to be gaining weight. The little voice that made me get on the scale most likely to prove to myself that it was right, that I was out of my desired weight range and therefore needed to stop eating so much food. Of course, that little voice was wrong and I was within my range and therefore I had major relief and could go along with my life and quite that voice up. I guess this is just part of the adjustments that I have never made in the past. Adjusting from that 1200 calorie weight watchers goals to the whole working out like an athlete and needing to compensate with better and more food. I have never done that before and of course it will require trial and error. But I’m learning and adjusting and that is the important part.

I’ve got about 15 more minutes and then I want to sneak out of work and head towards Vancouver WA for my concert. Adam Levine in person in a few hours. I am very excited about this. He is not too bad to look at and I can’t really think of a better way to spend a Friday night than spending a few hours staring at him. Good times. Have an amazing weekend everyone, I am certainly going to try.

No comments: