Monday, September 23, 2013

Official Results

Thank you to my friend Paige who just alerted me to the reality that the results were officially posted for my race! She left a comment below and I searched it out and sure enough, turns out that 203 people finished the race. 272 signed up, I suspect a lot did not show up because of the weather, a few showed up and did not finish. So yeah, 203 finished the race. I was 66 of the 203 that did finish. I am SO beyond happy with that. I did better than I thought I did. That makes me very happy. I mean, I wasn’t racing to win or to even really care about time or placement, but honestly, it’s REALLY nice knowing that I was pretty much close to the top 30-35% of the people. Now THAT makes me feel like a runner.

Looking at the times, there were like 10-15 people within a couple of minutes of each other before me. If I had realized I was that close to the front I might have pushed a little harder there at the end, dang it. Next time, right??? That makes me want to run more actually. That is inspiring. Not too shabby considering all those conditions and my lack of real training and my lack of outdoor running.

Here’s a link to the results: https://www.nspirelive.com/nspir3/raceresults.spire?raceID=691&subRace=Half

I’d say not too bad at all. This puts a big smile on my face for sure. THRILLED with that. It’s all about perspective, and I generally have none.

No comments: