Thursday, February 28, 2013

25 Percent

Today is officially the last day of February. Where does the time go? It really does seem to go too. I’ve been busy all morning working on payroll for tomorrow. I do love payday, but I have to do all the work :) Guess if I didn’t have responsibilities I wouldn’t be needed and then I wouldn’t get a paycheck at all.

Last night I came home and ran. It was a much better run than two nights ago where I had to force it and it was ugly. It wasn’t anything special or fancy but it was a solid run and I was happy with it. Afterwards I tried on some jeans from under my bed. There seems to be a bottomless pit of clothing shoved in every nook and cranny of my home. Interesting. And of course varying sizes to say the least. Under both beds in my house lies a pit of clothing. I just pulled out some jeans and low and behold a bunch of them fit. I actually found 3 brand new s till have the tags on them pairs of Old Navy jeans in size 8. They all fit. Yeah. Now if I really want to wear them is another story. Every time we outgrow clothes for whatever reason when we finally get to revisit them there is always the question of does this actually work for you now? We will see. The point was, a bunch of stuff fit. I really need to look thru the rest of the clothes as I am planning on a big garage sale the beginning of April and should at least attempt to clean out my clothes before then.

Moving on, I showered and then had a delicious avocado and ham dinner. I love avocado so much. I have only recently discovered the deliciousness that is avocado and I am so wholeheartedly in love. My husband did some domestics out in the garage all evening so I was on my own. It was fine really, as trying on clothes does take a disturbing amount of time.

This morning the scale was very kind to me. I kind of have hoped in the back of my mind. Last week was Vegas week where I lost 1.2 pounds and then I really felt like I had a solid week and of course actually felt a little smaller this week. I must have been right because I was down 3.2 pounds this week. The official weight was 164.6, so yeah 55.4 pounds lost total in just about 5 months. New updated charts below…





The one thing you will notice about these charts is that my total percentage of body weight loss to date is over 25% now. There is 25% less of me now than there was 5 months ago. That seems significant. I am only 19.6 pounds to my 145 goal. That just seemed like a great weight to strive for and of course that whole 75 pounds gone thing. I am very happy with my progress as a whole despite having a few mental road blocks here and there. I did try on my bikini and have a hard time believing that I will ever be able to actually wear it in public. I guess we will see what 145 brings me, but seriously right now it will not even come close to happening.

I am so happy its Thursday already. I am looking forward to this weekend actually. Chris actually has the weekend off and I kind of want to spend some time with him. Of course I did book my facial for Saturday morning at 10 AM, so even if that takes 2 hours, we can still spend the afternoon together. We talked about going out to a local produce stand to pick up some apples and bananas and stuff. Hopefully that happens.

This is what I am thinking in terms of exercise. I do much better with exercise during the week as I come home and immediately go do my thing. Chris is not home, I can just get on my treadmill and go for it. I plan on running tonight and probably tomorrow night. That way I can take off Saturday and just enjoy my day completely without having to worry about getting a run in. Sunday morning I will wake up and coupon and then I will probably try and get myself to run Sunday night, but we will really have to wait and see how that plays out. The only thing I am committing to right now is a run tonight and tomorrow night.

I brought a lean cuisine lasagna for lunch today and of course my banana snacks. I have a bunch of work errands to run around lunch time today so that will get me out of the office for a while. Other than that this is about as exciting as it gets for me today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I am so proud of you!! Size 8 is awesome. You are getting so close to your goal and you will look smoking hot in the bikini in Maui!!!

Brianna said...

You are KILLING' it! I think you hit the nail on the head the other day too by saying blogging through maintenance ( and during tough times) could be just the ticket this time around!