Thursday, February 7, 2013

Dream on a Deadline

Wow, what a busy morning. It is almost 3 PM and I am just now getting to sit down at my desk for the first time all day to do some work. I have been running errands all day long. Today is my mom’s birthday so I did manage to sneak out and have lunch with her and my aunts to celebrate. Anyway, last night I did have my last chance workout where I knocked out another good run. I had a great chicken and avocado dinner. I have really decided that I am completely in love with avocado. Anyway, keeping busy these past couple weeks has really made the time fly by and surprisingly been pretty good too my body.

Today was my weigh-in and low and behold to my complete and utter shock the scale gave me a 2.8 pound loss this morning. That means I am only 1.7 pounds away from losing 50 pounds. I was quite happy about that number. I truly wasn’t expecting it at all. Now the key for me is going to just maintain the next couple weeks to the best of my abilities. This week is going to be quite wonky actually. Saturday is the baby shower and then I have a couple days and will weigh in on Wednesday morning because Wednesday night I will be off to Vegas. That is going to be so HARD on the weight-loss thing. I had a brief discussion this morning with my husband about that.

I pointed out that while in Vegas I do not plan on counting points or being hard on myself. I plan on drinking some margaritas and living my life, but with that said, I also don’t want to use it as an opportunity to binge either. I can indulge, but not binge. There is a difference. I also truly believe that if I eat too much crap food I will feel sick which would make the whole trip not as much fun either. I don’t want to go to Vegas and be all food obsessed. I told him that the truth is, I work hard to lose weight because I want to enjoy my life and be happy. I am happy right now and there would be no point in being going to Vegas and living my life and not have a free treats. It would be torture for me to go and not be able to drink a margarita. I would not do that to myself. The point to losing weight is not to be so stressed about every little thing I put in my mouth that it doesn’t matter if I’m thinner I am still hating my life. No good. I am clearly just talking thru my issues here.

My simple goal would be to do the best I can until Wednesday and maybe see a small loss Wednesday morning? Then the following week I will return from Vegas on Saturday and then I have Sunday-Wednesday to get myself back on track before I weigh-in on that Thursday and the goal would be simply to not gain weight. If I could be the same weight after Vegas I would be happy. It’s good to have goals as I say and good to get them down on paper. You know that whole accountable thing.

Anyway, I can’t believe I have lost almost 50 pounds. That is truly amazing and honestly something I am quite proud of. When I booked this stupid Vegas trip as much as I knew it was possible to lose weight I guess I didn’t necessarily really see myself as being almost 50 pounds down. Sure I set some mental goal and put it out into the universe but it’s just so different to actually achieve it. In 4 months 1 week I am down almost 50 pounds. I am not someone who likes to make a big deal of my accomplishments, but I am just thrilled about that. That means 26.7 pounds left till my goal. I am 2/3 of the way done. I feel really happy about that. But mostly because I just feel so much happier period. Because I am strong and capable.

I can also let you in on another reality. I wear these Old Navy skinny jeans, the Rockstar; I love them with my boots. They are the jeans that I am wearing non-stop these days. Anyway, about a week before I started in October I was so freaking depressed that none of my jeans were fitting so I went to Old Navy and bought like 3 new pairs of size 18 of them. Over the past 4 months I kept having to buy smaller sizes of the same jeans. Yesterday 3 pairs of the same jeans in size 10 arrived and I am wearing them today. That means I have also lost 4 jean sizes. I have a nice collection of these jeans in size 18, 16, 14, 12, 10. Yup, each size I own. Ha! Honestly when I was at my skinniest I had a pair of these jeans that were a size 8, so basically I am only one size away from my skinniest.

I am completely confident that by the time I go to Maui in June I will be where I want to be. I will have lost that 26.7 pounds and I will feel amazing. I know that once I put my heart to it, I am capable of anything. I love Thursdays because I am always filled with such hope and optimism. I guess seeing a good number on the scale does that too you.

So now that I’ve paused a moment to be proud of my accomplishments, I have to pick myself back up and start all over again. I can’t take it as an opportunity to slack at all. So tonight I will get back on the horse or as the case may be, the treadmill and do it all over again. Such is my life. And you know what, I’m actually very happy with my life right now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I can indulge, but not binge." I think this is such an important statement. I think it would be a good idea to keep repeating this to yourself while in Vegas. In fact, maybe have it be the background of your phone screen or write it on your hand or something so that you can keep reminding yourself. You are doing awesome!!!

Brianna said...

Amazing, amazing results! You know what, you are right about probably feeling awful if you over-indulge/binge. I haven't binged in several months, and the mere thought of it makes me physically ill. Definitely enjoy those margaritas, have a few fancy meals that you wouldn't normally have, but don't waste the calories and risk your success on crappy buffets, fast food or any other cheap substitute for happiness! (Although I truly believe margaritas = happiness).