Friday, February 8, 2013

Date Night

Well it’s Friday again and shockingly this Friday I don’t seem to be as affected by the Friday slumps of the past few weeks. I am guessing this has something to do with the excitement about actually going on a vacation. I haven’t gotten on a plane to go anywhere since last February when we went to Disneyland. It’s been a year. Aside from even a plane vacation, I haven’t really even taken any vacation this past year at all. I am long overdue so thus the impending excitement.

Anyhow, it is now the afternoon and I am gearing up to go home and enjoy a wonderful date night/dinner out with my husband. We have a pseudo tradition of going out to eat on Friday nights. I say pseudo tradition because nothing is actually discussed of it other than it pretty much happens every Friday night. Tonight we will be going to the Olive Garden due to the fact that last Sunday I went there with my mom and sister and brought home left overs and this prompted my husband to want to go. That always happens. Anyway, he really liked the breadsticks without the butter and was like next time we go out lets go there. I was actually fine with it because I was able to find some stuff on the menu that I can eat. I have already journaled my food for the evening so that is good.

This is the Olive Garden plan:
Minestrone Soup =2 points
Linguini marainara full dinner portion is 11 points, so eating ½ = 6 points (rounding up to be safe)
2 unbuttered breadsticks =6 points
Water to drink
Total points=14 points

I get 26 points right now so I have been pretty good today in order to stick to my daily target points. I also will not be running this evening. I know when to listen to my body and right now it’s at the point where it says, take a break. That and I have devised a bigger picture plan for myself. I ran Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. 4 nights is pretty much my limit. Friday night is rest night and dinner to be followed by our tradition of an all new Gold Rush. Yes, I watch a man show with my husband but I really like it.

Tomorrow I wake up and have to prepare for the baby shower in the afternoon. The shower will consist of cupcakes which I will do my best to only sample each variety as to not eat multiple entire giant cupcakes. I must run tomorrow night. No matter what, after the baby shower, tomorrow night I MUST run. Then Sunday is extreme couponing day and again, afterwards I MUST run. Then Monday night and Tuesday night I will run. These nights will be easier to run and I won’t have any problems as I will just do it after I get home. This puts me at my four day limit. Then I get 4 days off as Wednesday I leave for Vegas and won’t return until Saturday night. Wed-Sat is 4 days of rest.

When I return from Vegas I will have Sunday-Wednesday to get back on track and run, which will be 4 days of running. I can live with that. This is an acceptable plan to me. Things flow smoother in my life if I plan them out. Yes, things happen and plans change, but at least to have an overall picture of what is happening helps me out. I am not promising that everything is going to go as smoothly as I have outlined here, but that is okay too. Just as long as it looks something close to this I will be happy.

I have to start at least thinking about what clothing I will be packing for Vegas. According to the forecast it is supposed to at least not be raining (yeah and a change from Oregon!) and it should be in the LOW sixties Wed-Sat while we are there. I suppose I should pretty much just pack the same clothing I am wearing here as I HATE being cold and since the nights look like it will be in the forties s and I will be out at night I should make sure I am prepared for that. Weather/clothing planning is always so difficult!

I guess that’s about it for me today. Basically just looking forward to my weekend and then my impending trip, guess I should really remind my bosses that I’m going to be gone… I mean I wrote it on their calendars so I guess they will know when they call and I’m not here. No, no… I’ll tell them. Next week :)



No comments: