Sunday, February 17, 2013

Home sweet home

Okay so here’s the deal…. I did the best I could food wise and I’m not mad at myself over my choices. I was by no means perfect. Hello alcohol it’s been a while… and of course my all you can eat meat Valentine’s Dinner. Did I mention that at some point I did kind of say whatever and forgot to care how many calories things were. This is life. I also made some really good decisions. I opted for fruit for breakfast, a few healthier turkey sandwich/wrap options and we even ate Subway once. Overall I didn’t entirely binge like crazy I’m going to vomit. I did the best I could given the situation and I am fine. I was actually fine the whole time.


I fully anticipate needing the next four days to detox my body, exercise and hopefully see a MAINTAIN this week of last weeks weight. I truly am hoping for this as I did consume probably too much overall. What else do you expect from 4 days in Vegas? It wasn’t really Vegas itself that did me in, it was my girl Pink. I got so excited and wanted to enjoy myself so much that I had a drink and then once you open the flood gates and truly are having an amazing time, the alcohol starts flowing. Of course after a 36 ounce slushy type alcoholic beverage and then a large can of Mikes Hard Lemonade I started to feel kind of sick. I had about another ½ of a Mike’s and then had to quit drinking.


Can I say with completely certainty that Pink was the bet concert of my life. So ridiculously entertaining. So perfect really that I am going to admit this here and I didn’t tell anyone in real life that honestly the moment that Pink finally stepped on stage and she opened her mouth and sang I started crying. True, genuine happy tears. I couldn’t stop. Thankfully it was so loud and I was faced away from Chris that he would never have known. That “secret” is only for me and I guess this world. I was in such complete happiness that I seriously could not stop crying throughout the first entire song. I kept telling myself to get it together but I couldn’t. I think it was the culmination of wanting to see her for the past four years and of course all the other emotions I have placed on her thru her and her lyrics. Pink’s music has helped me throughout a lot in my life and suddenly it was all meeting here on that stage seeing her, listening to her. And of course the aforementioned alcohol playing a part in the tears I am sure. I was completely totally blissfully happy and that was EXACTLY why I took this trip in that one moment all rolled into one.


Unless you stalk someone or are as obsessed with a stupid artist as I am its hard to understand why seeing someone is so important. It generally is not important but I have listened to her cd’s for so long relating to the lyrics in a magical touching way that I was just can not explain. Needless to say it was pure perfection. So much so that somewhere into the second or third song I looked at Chris and said next time, I don’t care what it costs, we will be in the front. Yes I am verbally committing to the reality that the next tour, however long that takes, another 4-5 years maybe; I will be $1000 a ticket if I must to sit in the front. That is how amazing I thought the show was and how important it is to me. So I make this declaration now, I will be in the front next time.

Meanwhile, the whole trip was completely worth it to see her. We talked to lots of awesome people at the concert and I had a completely amazing time.


As far as the rest of the trip is concerned I was mostly able to get out of my own head long enough to enjoy myself and not notice and or compare myself to everybody else. Sure I had those couple moments of holy damn I am still so fat. I think beauty obsessed Vegas will do that to you, but for the most part overall I was comfortable in my own skin. Yes there are plenty of fake people but you know what…. There were plenty of people larger than me enjoying themselves as well. By no means was I the thinnest or the fattest person there and there is something comforting in that. I have no desire to ever be a breakable toothpick. Much like my idol Pink I want to be a strong fierce woman.


So today is detox from four days of excessive consumption. Honestly my body didn’t like eating crap. I knew it wouldn’t. I felt better when I was making the healthier choices, not even just mentally but physically as well. Today starts phase 2 of my get healthy plan. Phase one was the lose 50 pounds to be happy and healthier going to Vegas to see Pink. Done!


Phase 2 is lose another 25-30 pounds to really start to feel great and have a kick ass time in Maui, where my real love lies. Where the true vacation happens. Nothing about Vegas is a relaxing vacation. I am NOT a Vegas girl. For the most part that is not a place I would ever go if it weren’t for the entertainment.


Right now I am going to drink me some water and today, later, I will run. I am physically exhausted trying to get my body to recuperate from the past four days but I will run later. In fact I am sitting here in my workout clothes. I put them on this morning so I have no excuses. I will run. Four days taken off and you know what I am ready to get back to it. With that said, it’s not like being in Vegas is completely sedimentary. I suppose Vegas could be but man did we walk and walk and walk. I swear on Thursday we walked up and down the entire strip lots of times. I would not be exaggerating to say that throughout the day we waked 15 miles. And then Friday was easily another 5-10 and even yesterday we had to log at least 5 miles. I walked a lot and my legs do feel it. It’s not like I can’t walk/run that many miles… it was the shoes. I was not in my Nike running shoes but rather boots and flip flops… not the most comfortable walking shoes. Thus my legs kind of feel it.


Irregardless today I run and get back to my regular life! Had an amazing time, but so glad to be back home getting back to doing what I love….

3 comments:

Brianna said...

You HAVE to indulge just a little in Vegas! Just remember what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas and have a great back on track week! PS, I know what you mean about crying at concerts. We attach so much emotion to songs and then to hear it live and in person is so deep. Yup, totally have cried at a concert!

Brianna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a great time and it sounds to me like you did pretty darn good with the eating... and that you burned a lot of calories with the walking... Since you haven't posted since Sunday I sure hope you are right back to your good habits!!!