Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Post 32

I have to say yesterday went pretty well for me. I was super busy at work and that did not stop into my evening. I stopped at Rite-Aid after work and ultimately it ended up taking me a little longer than I had anticipated. On my way home from work my sister called me and we chatted for a while. I didn’t get home until about 6:30. I did not make it onto the treadmill until at least 7 PM. This is late for me. I had a moment of I don’t want to do this, but then told myself that I allowed myself to stop at Rite-Aid because I knew I would run afterwards, regardless of the time, so I had to. End of story. It actually ended up being a good run so I was happy.

Tonight is my last chance workout since tomorrow morning I will be weighing in in the morning. Plus I get to watch last night’s new Biggest Loser which is always nice as well. I won’t be making any unplanned stops tonight as I have a straight head directly home, pass go, do not stop rule for the evening. Tonight is super busy and therefore I must be super regimented in my plan of attack. I really do thrive better with plans of attack.

Since it is the Biggest Loser and a Tuesday night this is my long run. I don’t know how long my long run will end up being but I want to watch all of the episode so I’m guessing at least 1 ½ of running. Realistically if I make it on the treadmill by 5:45 PM that means that I will be done about 7:15 or 7:30, depending on a little wiggle room. I will then deal with my purchased items from today and probably give myself a little wiggle room to rest a moment.

I am not sure if I will immediately start packing. I must admit I haven’t packed a single thing yet and that frightens me. I have never felt so ill-equipped for a trip ever. So I must decide what outfits I want to wear the next four days and of course that pesky shoe situation. I then must shower and then blow dry my hair. That is a long process unfortunately. The hair blow drying portion that is. But if I don’t blow dry my hair it just looks terrible. I don’t mind so much a day here and there, I can always pull it back in a ponytail, but if I am heading to Vegas I at least want to make the effort to attempt to have decent hair.

So packing and a shower and blow drying are on my agenda. I am also worried about getting the house at least in decent enough shape that I am not freaked out when I come home. And then there is my Molly dog. I worry about her. She is staying with my mom Wed-Friday and then my mom is leaving on Friday afternoon/evening to see my other sisters and is going to drop Molly off at my Aunt’s house. I just worry that everything is okay and of course I feel a little guilty but she is only a dog and she will be okay. I am leaving her with my mom after all.

Chris works the late shift tonight which means he had this morning off he called and told me that he cleaned up a little, so we will see what that means when I get home. I tend to overthink/overstress some things and this might be a perfect example. I am sure it will all be fine. It’s only a couple days after all. I am really excited! Tomorrow night I am getting on a plane to go somewhere. It doesn’t really matter where; it’s still somewhere which is nice. Plus Pink. I love that girl!

I’d like to take a moment to draw everyone’s attention to the fact that this is my 32nd post in 2013. This is of note because if you look at this blog archive you will notice that in 201- I had 31 posts and since 2009 that is the most I have written in a single year on this page. Today and this post means I have officially written more in 2013 than I did in any previous year for the last 5 years. And yet a whole whopping 32 posts is not really that impressive at all. Just a sign that for a lot of those years weight has not been my friend!

Speaking of weight related issues something interesting happened when I went to the work post office today. I go into this post office like almost every day for the past 5 years I guess. Obviously they have seen it all in terms of my fluctuating weight but life is so subtle that you don’t really notice the changes if you see someone so often. There is a guy who works there that talks to me a lot, I think he likes me not as in “likes” me, but I simply mean likes me as a person. Anyway, I was waiting to get my mail and he came over to me and almost whispered to me, you look very nice today… and as it perhaps seemed awkward he followed it up with a “I mean that professionally.” I think he meant that he was not being all creepy sexual harassment on me, but in a professional manner. I however do not look all that professional in my jeans and boots and t-shirt so I don’t believe he meant I looked professional.

I can only take this comment to mean that he has noticed that I have lost weight and being a man that I only know on a professional level the only way he could comment was to tell me I looked very nice. One can’t really say you’ve lost a ton of weight or anything similar in fashion. Just for the record I don’t think there was anything other than face value going on here. But I guess it’s nice to hear as most of the people in the rest of my immediate family/life don’t seem to say much ever. I guess it’s quite the story of been there done that.

I am happy and excited and for today that is what matters. I consider this week pretty much a throw away in terms of weight loss so whatever happens tomorrow is truly okay especially considering this weekend and of course considering the last two weeks I have lost a combined 6.8 pounds. I think whatever the scale gives me will be fine. I am definitely ready to relax and enjoy some of the benefits of being happy and healthy.

I will check in tomorrow as I work until 2 PM and then I will be rushing home to meet my husband and leave for the airport. Expect tomorrow’s post to be entirely made up of how I can’t wait to get thru the day to go on vacation! Of course I will also report whatever number the scale gives me as well.

Wish me luck in packing tonight and getting thru my last chance workout!



No comments: