Monday, February 25, 2013

Weekend sore

Ah Monday morning we meet again. I wish I had better feelings about you. I wish I had an amazingly perfect weekend so that greeting you today was a wonderful happiness. It is not. I wish the weather wasn’t still so cold and yucky and therefore leaving me feeling the winter blues. Ah Oregon I love you with all of your beauty and nature but your continual rain and cold is sometimes depressing. I mean, I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else actually but can it be spring already?

My last Friday was crazy busy at work. My boss is in between jobs and spending lots of time in the office. He was here this morning when I arrived but gone now. I don’t know where he went or when he might return, so good times. Nonetheless I’m not actually complaining he is very nice and I feel blessed to have this job. It could definitely be worse.

I did not run Friday and instead I came home, went to Rite-Aid with my husband than onto Red Lobster for an amazing Lobsterfest dinner. I did pretty good, I had journaled all my food choices. When I came home I had a few Hershey kisses but that’s all right.

Saturday morning I got up and went to the gym with my mom. I did about 20 minutes on the elliptical and then we moved on to free weights and some weight machines. You never really think that you are getting much of a workout in (until the next day when you are sore!) Yeah during it I was doing stuff and then had to stop and take a break but overall it’s not the sweat fest of a run. I did a new machine that I just loved. Essentially it was a pull up with weights being used as resistance because God knows I could not actually pull my own weight up! Loved it so much actually. After the weights my mom wanted to do another round of cardio. According to her personal trainer she pays for she is supposed to start with a cardio warm up and then weights and then end with another cardio session. I obliged and headed to the treadmills. I really do prefer the treadmill to the elliptical. Everyone has their thing.

I got on that treadmill turned up the speed, put in some earphones and just ran my heart out. I sweated so freaking much it was flying off me onto the machine. I am sure it was just lovely. I did 30 minutes ran 4 miles and felt pretty dang good.

It was a nice time at the gym. I do like it when I can do something different. Afterwards we ran a few more errands and then we met my sister at Panera Bread for a nice lunch. So far so good. We went back to my mom’s house and did some more errands, got our coupons ready for yesterday. While there I somehow decided Girl Scout cookies were a good option. I didn’t binge; I ate 5 little ones for 4 points. I was fine and moved on.

We all went for a 5 o’clock pedicure appointment where my feet got exactly what they needed! Walking around in Vegas actually exposing them reminded me that I really do need and like to have manicured feet. By the time we left it was 6:30 or so, I was still in my workout clothes so when I got home I fairly immediately got on the treadmill to finish off one more ½ hour 4 mile run so I got in a solid 8 miles on Saturday. I could however tell that my body was fatiguing so I just let it go with a half hour run.

Yesterday was spent waking up early to hit the stores for my Sunday morning couponing. We have a pretty solid routine. We hit lots of stores, get lots of stuff, and then usually head for a lunch afterwards or during to nourish us! Couponing is serious business people. Anyhow, we went to Applebee’s where I got something off the 550 calorie or less menu. Napa Chicken. It was good. So far so good.

By the time the afternoon hit and I was done with my shopping and it was time to finally go home I was so tired and yes, I felt sore in some unused areas of my body that I decided to listen to my body and take yesterday off from exercise. Part of my thinking is that I always work out so well after work so if I get in a run tonight thru Wednesday that will be 3 nights in a row and I had done 2 nights prior so that would be five runs this week and that is all I strive for.

The problem with taking the night off from running is that I turned the TV on to watch the Oscars and instantly started snacking. Not a great idea in hindsight. I ate far too much chocolate. I ate a cookie here and there but my biggest downfall was a box of Wheat Thins and cream cheese. Oops… I really love wheat thins and cream cheese. I didn’t eat a whole box or anything but I also didn’t count at all and therefore felt guilty afterwards. When I type everything out from my weekend it doesn’t seem all that bad so I suppose chastising myself over my indulgences with the wheat thins is pretty stupid. I made some fairly healthy decisions most of the time so that is really what counts.

I realized this morning I forgot to pack any lunch. I was in a hurry to get to work since I knew the boss would be here and didn’t want to walk in too late to work. I mean 5 minutes is acceptable the 20 minutes I can be late some mornings probably not so much. That means that I will have to stop at Quiznos or Subway for a sandwich while I’m out. I did manage to bring my water and two bananas so that’s good.

Oh and my amazing bikini that I ordered from Victoria Secret should be showing up today to provide me with some additional motivation. I really do think it’s going to be hung in plain sight of my eyes while on my treadmill. I think that will help me out some. I have this idea of maybe taking a picture of myself in the bikini right now (as bad as that may be... ha!) and then taking a picture of course when I am closer to goal and considering actually wearing the thing to see my progress. I am sure 25 pounds will make a difference.

The truth is I woke up this morning still a little sore. I actually love that feeling because it means I did something different to my body and made it work. That is so refreshing to me actually. Despite the sore-ness I will run today. I took off yesterday because of it so I’m due a really good sweat session.

I definitely am looking forward to any amount of sun the universe will grant me. I am feeling warmth deprived like most of America probably is actually. Other than that it’s pretty much same old same old for me. I am back at it today and that is just dandy with me!

No comments: