Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The difference of a day

It’s amazing what a difference a day can make. I am happy to report that I am in a great mod today and the whiney bitchfest of yesterday is over with. As I stated yesterday one day everything sucks, the next you are loving life and what you see in the mirror. I am certain that my amazing workout last night helped me improve my mood a little as well.

I stayed totally on track yesterday with everything; my food choices, my water consumption and of course the run. I am more than happy to say that I got on the treadmill and managed a wonderful hour and 30 something minute workout while watching the newest Biggest Loser. I killed it and it resulted in a solid 11.53 mile run with 1511 calories burned. That is exactly what I needed to lift my mood. When you have a shitty workout and you can barely pull thru you start to doubt yourself a little and that doubt creeps into your brain. Nothing to doubt yesterday. I pulled off an incredibly solid 60 minute run a little less than 8 miles and then spent the next 30 plus minutes walking 2 minutes or so and then running 5 minutes at a higher intensity. Nothing like a kick ass workout to make you feel proud and confident!



And somehow today I feel smaller. Ha… see, this is such a mental game more than anything. Am I really suddenly smaller overnight? No way. But my improved mental state really does help. That and I did some other things yesterday to work on me that have contributed to my happiness today.

Case in point; anyone who knows me knows that I am a Victoria Secret addict. I swear like 80-90% of my wardrobe in life comes from Victoria Secret. I only wear there bras and underwear. I only wear there workout sports bras and exercise capris. I wear mostly all their shirts. I don’t do pants from them so that’s where the rest comes into play. Anyhow, kind of a sucker, especially for their free bags. As if I don’t have enough Victoria Secret bags already but every time they put out a free bag with $75 purchase promotion I’m not it.

Yesterday was the start of a new bag offer so I of course stopped by my local store just to look around. I whole heartedly knew I was spending $75 to get the bag. Anyhow I thought hmm… I might need a new bra. (The dresser drawer full of like 30 plus bras is not doing it for me!) Anyway, new bra, sure. They have a new fabulous bra it is called and the lady was like would you like to try it on? I of course said sure. The minute I put this bra on I knew I was in love. I had previously been wearing a size that is too big. It’s amazing what a good correctly sized bra can do for your boobs and thus your self-esteem. I purchased two of them. One in nude and one in black. I am retiring the larger sized bras I was wearing as they were not providing adequate support.

Anyhow, last night after my run I tried my bra on again just to see. I threw a t-shirt on over it and went out into the kitchen and Chris instantly knew I had a new bra on. That is how noticeable the difference was. He was like wow, your boobs look awesome. I’m like I know; it’s this new fabulous bra that I got today. It made all the difference in the world for sure. So today I am rocking the new fabulous bra and it does give me that extra spark of confidence.

Speaking of my favorite things I also have to say that in one of my free bags from Victoria Secret (the beach bag) I got with purchase of my new bikini they included a sample of their beach sexy self-tanning tinted lotion. I just looked it up to get the proper name… Anyhow the other night after my shower I went ahead and applied it. Usually sunless tanners are streaky at best and leave me slightly orange. I have to say I am pretty dang in love with this product. It is not perfect and still has a little of the orange thing but nothing like some of the others I’ve tried. I am loving my fake tan so much that I also picked up the full size bottle yesterday as well. Do you see my confidence growing? I am rocking a fabulous bra and a fake tan. Thank you Victoria Secret for elevating my mood today for sure.

Since I am in such an improved mood today I also wanted to talk beauty for a moment. Today needs to be a light hearted day for sure. I am having a skin problem. Never in my adult life have I had skin problems. My skin suddenly is so freaking dry and by the end of the workday wants to flake off. Its gross and I hate it. I have tried to keep moisturizing my face because I’m thinking it clearly must be a dry thing but it doesn’t seem to be working.

Last night I scrubbed my face, and put on moisturizer before bed. This morning I got up and put on a moisturizer again and then an under makeup face primer and then applied my makeup. I am really hoping that by the afternoon my skin isn’t flaking. It has become such an annoyance to me that yesterday I went on groupon and found a local spa that had half price facials and bought one. I have never had a facial but I’m thinking I must have a lot of dead skin that is having a hard time leaving my body so clearly I need a deep facial cleansing/cleaning/scrub. I hope that helps things out. So annoying. I guess that’s what happens as we get older really. There, I just called and left a message to try and schedule my appointment. We will see when they call me back.

While I was on groupon and at the whole self-improvement thing I’m really considering picking up a voucher for a massage too. $35 for an hour massage doesn’t seem too bad. I haven’t entirely decided yet, but I’m considering it.

All of my reflection the past couple days about where I’ve been previously in my life while it can be depressing has also got me thinking that I really can do this if I want to. There were some excellent comments by some awesome ladies I love :) I really do think cutting out those sugary foods helps me a lot. I really don’t drink a ton of pop anymore. Since I decided to take on the whole water thing I have noticed a difference and I tend to actually crave sugar less. I still have a sweet tooth and want cookies or candy each night but it’s not bad. If I could cut that out things would be better I am sure. I can do this. My history suggests that I am able to maintain for at least 6 months. I just have to figure out what triggers the letting go. I know most of it is emotional and has nothing to do with food. It is all mental. I think actually blogging thru it all might help too. I tend to run from my problems. I’ve always ran from my problems so if I forced myself to face them I might actually have to be accountable. That would be a change for me.

Anyway, I am doing great today and of course today is the last day before tomorrow mornings weigh-in so it’s completely on track for me. Not that weighing in tomorrow makes any difference in what I would do today really. On track and of course my own personal last chance workout tonight. Overall I do think I had a pretty good week. Yes, there were some challenges here and there but overall I am proud of my week and will take whatever the scale gives me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What is the name of the bra??

Emily Canady said...

It is called Fabulous actually... Kind of stupid name really but it is actually fabulous so I guess it works!!!!