Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday

Good morning. It is Wednesday which means we are gearing up to be half way done with the week. I enjoy that very much. I actually want this week to fly by so that I can get on to Saturday, finish my garage sale and be officially done with it all. I feel a little in limbo because it’s not 100% done yet, but it isn’t a big deal. I am more than able to compartmentalize and shit my focus, energy and attention to other things that matter more.

Today is the last day of my weigh-in week. Whatever I do today is my last effort before I step on the scale tomorrow morning. I am nervous, but I am always nervous so what is new. I am that girl with the broken record who says the same shit over and over. I don’t know how I’m going to do. I’ve been so bad, blah blah blah… Honestly, even I get tired of the same negative thought pattern. So I’m just not. Yup, you heard me. I’m just not. I am going to be truly happy and content with whatever it says. So long as its not a gain. It shouldn’t be gain. I wasn’t that bad after all. Plus I have done great the past two days and today will be awesome so I will have 3 solid days of health under my belt.

I think I kind of picked Thursday as my official weigh-in day for this reason anyway. I knew I was good at being good during the week so no matter what damage is done over a weekend, I will always have 3 days of health before I weigh myself. I never view that as an excuse to intentionally indulge in a weekend but it gives me a solid buffer in between.

Quite honestly I am glad tomorrow is Thursday. I really do love the fresh start of a new week. And this week I promise to focus more on healthy living. Last night I did have a great run. I actually bumped up the treadmill by one tenth a mile speed and ran for the whole hour plus at that speed. It felt good to give myself just that little extra push. It’s honestly been a while since I challenged myself at all; It feels good to actually push a little.

Tonight I will get in another run. Chris works the late shift tonight so I am on my own for a while. This is fine. I keep staring at my wedding dress hanging there in my spare bedroom with its little zippered case around it. I am so tempted to put it on. It’s been a long time since I could wear it. I guess 2 years really, so I am strongly considering slipping that bad boy on. I am sure it should fit now. I actually think I am smaller now than I was on my wedding day so I am sure it should fit just fine. I am not sure. I kind of want this huge impactful moment so I might wait longer but I don’t know. I also think it’s a little crazy to put your wedding dress on at all, but its so beautiful and I only barely wore it so it’s okay to play dress up right?

It’s another nasty cold rainy day here which totally sucks… I am so tired of gray skies. I am ready for summer already. I’m sick of being cold… and more cold… and wait, here’s some more cold. I am sure eventually I will be complaining about being too hot, but I would love to have that problem right now for sure. I guess this is why I’m so excited to go to Maui… I need me some sun.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yea, I understand why you chose Thursday. Same reason I chose Wednesday as my weigh-in day. There's just so much more that happens on the weekends. That stuff isn't going to go away, so there isn't any point in making yourself feel bad if you have an extra full weekend that results in a higher than normal weigh in. So Thursday is a good day.

Good luck with the last of your garage sale!