Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A good view

Last night I finally managed to run. I was so shocked and yet not shocked in the least at how ridiculously easy it felt. That always happens to me when I take time off. I took off far too many days in a row and last night’s run took me literally 20-25 minutes to really even break a sweat. I kind of feel like I should have pushed myself harder, but I didn’t. I was simply happy I was even able to get a run in at all. It has been crazy busy around my house. In the middle of all the crazy I made an executive decision that future garage sales would NOT include such open ended presales any longer. I am so annoyed and frustrated at the process and I am putting a kibosh on it. I’m committed this time so I will bear thru for the remainder of the week, but next time things will change.

Tonight is another busy one and I am committing to myself to get a run in. Actually it will happen because I am excited again about running. It usually only takes 1 run for me to remember how much I adore it and crave it and want to continue to do it. So yeah, a run is in order tonight. I have a tight schedule though. 5:30-6:30 I should have people over. Then from 6:30-7:30 approximately I am hoping to get a run in and then at 7:30 I have more people coming over. I have given myself back up in terms of my sister and mom so if I don’t start at exactly 6:30 or it runs over 7:30 a bit I should be covered.

As I was running last night I actually had a momentary thought of fuck all the garage sale stuff, fuck all the work I do… this is what I love. This is what I care about and how could I put this on the back burner when it clearly is so important to my well-being? Yup, I seriously said all that while running. I was enjoying my runner’s high as they call it. And I somewhat meant it. I think this is where my epiphany about the presales came from. I am tired of putting all these other people first. It’s time to put me and my needs first. I will have 1 presale day for people and if they can’t come, too bad so sad. I can’t sit around and wait, literally, for them to show up, pushing aside everything that I need to be healthy. As the days go by with the sale I am getting more and more annoyed at people!

Anyway, the actual garage sale is Saturday and I can’t wait for that to happen so my life can return to some semblance of normal. Of course the forecast is now calling for rain on Saturday which is the worst possible thing for a garage sale. I am super annoyed about that reality too. I am praying that they are wrong or something changes by then. I am NOT in the mood to deal with rain and less than amazing crowds because of it. I need to get my stuff sold. I am already quite anxious about everything. My anxiety levels will go down once it’s done.

Moving on, this morning at 7 my sister called me to tell me she heard on the radio that Maroon 5 and Kelly Clarkson were going to be doing a concert nearby in September. That presales happened this morning at 10 AM. I did not have a presale code but after digging around on the internet I found one. I really like Kelly Clarkson and I have no problems with Maroon 5’s music. I enjoy most of it, but what I do LOVE with a passion is Adam Levine. I have some hardcore The Voice love. I adore him and Blake Shelton together and Adam is incredibly nice to look at :) It seems that concert tickets these days really are about $100 a pop. Whatever. I went ahead and entered my pre-code and picked up 2 tickets for my sister and me. This is not Chris’s cup of tea. Maroon 5 or going to a show to admire Adam Levine… Go figure that my husband isn’t interested in that too much. Good girl’s night planned for the end of September, which is still like 5-6 months away. I am always so amazed at how early you have to buy tickets these days.



I have to say the weeks really do seem to fly by. I am now less than 2 months away from being in Maui. Perhaps I really need to tell my bosses I am going to be gone. I’ve kind of been avoiding that… Once this garage sale is completely over I am really going to commit my ass to some kick-ass improving workouts. I say improving because I feel lately like I’ve been going thru the motions a lot instead of actually trying to push myself. I don’t think this is the week to push myself; I will be more than happy with just getting in a standard old run. Which is entirely what I’m shooting for tonight. Just run… It really is an amazing head clearer for me.

Anyway, I am thinking a littler later this afternoon some Greek yogurt for snack and then it’s on to my jam packed evening AGAIN…. But at least it’s one day closer to Saturday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I heard about that tour. I would love to see that show, but alas, it is not coming to Vancouver. Kelly Clarkson is one of my favourites. I enjoy Maroon 5 too. I haven't been a huge fan recently though. But their first album was one of my favourites. I saw them twice when they were promoting that album (both times were before they were famous) and both of those performances were among the best I have ever seen.

Good luck with your garage sale! And glad to hear that you are back to making running a priority.

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

they had a groupon for their concert here and it sold out within hours! and I was not one of the lucky ones to get a ticket :( nice job on the running!