Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Just a drive-by

I really have a lot to talk about and want to post but I have been super busy the past couple days and then today one of my bosses decided that he wanted to spend the day in the office working which really limits my ability to do other things. Fortunately he is super nice and I don’t mind having him here, I’m just not used to it. Anyhow it does completely limit my plans for the day.

My weekend was less than stellar. I know I’m not judging in terms of good or bad but I will say this Sunday I just ate whatever I wanted and too much of it and come Sunday night I felt physically sick. Yup, I felt so horrible. It is amazing what food can do to you/for your body. It’s been a while since I gave it so much of the things it didn’t like that it countered with a very sick feeling. I ended the evening with 2 glasses of wine. Again, another less than stellar choice for me because I don’t drink to much and it gave me a terrible headache and contributed to the sick feeling. Anyway, later in the evening/early morning hours I threw up once. Nothing drastic but it was my body saying don’t eat this shit.

I vowed Monday to treat my body with healthy foods and I did. Especially since I was walking around feeling completely bloated all day. I seriously felt my stomach pooching out. Yuck. I think I detoxed pretty well yesterday though. Had some healthy fruits and veggies. Drank water. Today my body feels amazingly better. I am reminded of why healthy is generally all around a better choice for me. Food is either nutrition or poison. It is very clear to me after my weekend reminder.

I’m glad the garage sale is done. Completely, 100% finish until August. I have a clean house back and I am thrilled for that. I ran last Friday night, yeah! Saturday and Sunday were awful food choices and no exercise. Ah well. Yesterday was healthy healthy healthy and a good run. Today is perfectly on track and will include a great run tonight as well. I am declaring it to be great already because I say so. Tomorrow I will stay on the healthy track and finish it with a run tomorrow and then we shall see what Thursday’s scale brings me.

I find that when I am happy and comfortable I ease up a little on the healthy nazi in me. This is both good and bad all at the same time. It’s fine as long as I can pull it back together during the week to be the healthy woman I have come to love so much. I’ve got thoughts swirling around in my head and I really do want to talk about them, but alas, I need to keep it short and sweet. Maybe tomorrow my boss will find something else to do and leave me to myself to formulate long insightful posts. Ha.

Regardless, I am alive, I am still at it and all is cool in my world.

1 comment:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Girl, I feel ya! Saturday I had a dinner of cocktails and cake with a late night stop at a fast food place and I felt HORRIBLE yesterday! Today's been loaded w/veggies and other good things :) Thanks for the reminder!