Monday, April 1, 2013

To love oneself

This morning while driving to work I decided that I was going to forgive myself for this weekend and accept that I am going to love myself and not beat myself up because it was a difficult weekend. It is okay to not be perfect. In fact, I am learning to embrace the reality that on this LIFE long journey that the best thing I can do for myself is simply to love myself, no matter what. It is easy to love me when I am being good, eating healthy and exercising. It gets harder to find complete love when things get dicey.

There was nothing glaringly awful about my weekend. (Except for far too many Hershey’s kisses) but for two days all other food choices were mostly made in a healthy frame of mind. BUT… I did not count any points. I ate more than I am sure I should have, AND I did not exercise once. I am however forgiving myself and choosing to love me anyway.

Not every weekend for me is busy. In fact, most of my life is spent not chaotic at all. As a childless woman who finds herself without husband every other weekend most of my time really is spent doing what I want, affording me the luxury of time and health. If this entire week is crazy and busy and stressful for me, fine. It’s only 1 week. It is not indicative of how my entire life is going to go, or indicative of what I will do next week.

It is garage sale time and that means CRAZY time for me. We pretty much spent Friday night and Saturday setting the sale up. You can see from the photos attached how much work that entails. It was completely my plan to run Saturday night. However, my cousins came over and my mom and sister were hanging out and we all ended up having bar-b-que at my house so it just didn’t happen. I am not going to kick people out of my house; I figured one day wouldn’t kill me.











Sunday I got up and did more couponing and then we did some more garage sale stuff. Honestly I was exhausted. Days of going and going working on this stuff exhausts me. I actually fell asleep at the computer desk yesterday afternoon. I wanted to run, but I was simply too tired. I passed. But, being true to the concept of loving and forgiving myself, it is okay. Not every moment of every day can be perfect.

The rest of this week is presales in the evenings. This will undoubtedly be a balancing act of epic proportion. Trying to fit people in to shop and still managing to maintain house and exercise and health. I don’t know how it’s possible, but I will work at it. What’s the worst that happens? I have one bad week in 6 months… NOT the end of the world. It’s not as if I’m suddenly going to binge eat or anything either. I’m simply not going to be able to run as much and maybe eat a little crappy here and there. But honestly, the next three days I should be able to 100% keep my food in check. Weekends are just always harder. But the next 3 days eating should be spot on. I just can’t completely make any promises as far as exercise is concerned.

My life WILL eventually return to normal so it’s not as if I am giving up. AND… the biggest thing is that I am continuing to come here despite really not wanting to or feeling it. It’s hard to admit when things aren’t perfect, but I am admitting it. And I am choosing to love myself anyway.

Just keep swimming… just keep swimming… just keep swimming…



2 comments:

Brianna said...

Fabulous attitude! It makes ALL the difference.

Unknown said...

Do you go couponing and then sell the stuff at garage sales? That does sound like a lot of work. We don't get the same coupon deals here in Canada. There are always so many restrictions.