Thursday, April 18, 2013

Milestone Bound

So guess who decided to make a reemergence in the office… yup, my boss. Two days this week is more than I’ve seen him in the office in the last two months. Like I said two days ago, thankfully he is a cool guy who outside of work I would totally be friends with. He is younger than me. The older brother, my other boss is like a couple months older than me, but pretty much my age. I REALLY like both my bosses and their wives. Definitely the kind of people I would hang out with. After almost 5 years I actually know them all pretty well and have a great rapport with them.

Regardless, he cramps my lazy-fair work attitude though so that slightly sucks. Here’s the thing I have always said about my job at least in real life to my family. It is so easy. It is not hard or challenging or really that much work. I don’t get paid a lot, which is the trade off, but I REALLY like it. I like it because I love my bosses. I like it because 95% of the time I am completely 100% alone in the office which is again very nice and of course because my job is based on running around town to do errands which means I have complete freedom in my workday. I can run any errands that I need to with pretty much ease. It is perfect. Well, perfect for a coupon girl. Perfect for someone who doesn’t really want to work that hard but still get paid some sort of a salary. I make more than minimum wage so I can’t really complain. Most days I love my job as a whole and that is worth a lot. I have had a job or two that I hated and let me tell you loving your job is worth making less money.

Anyway, it is Thursday already. Hell yeah, it’s Thursday!!! I am very excited about this reality because Thursday is the start of my new week and I am thrilled about that. I weighed myself this morning not at all sure what I was going to see. My weekend was not great but given my history it’s not as if I actually thought I didn’t lose anything. I mean the last three days I killed it with healthy days and healthy evenings of running. So this morning I weighed 147.2 pounds. I lost 1.9 pounds officially this week which puts me at 72.8 pounds total lost. That is pretty awesome overall. It also means that I am 2.2 pounds away from my 145 goal. So, you are reading it here first, 2.2 is the number I have in my sights this week. Anytime I want something bad I am going to repeat 2.2 in my head. I think it’s completely do-able for this week and I am going to work damned hard to see a 2.2 pound loss this week. I mean, come on, 2.2 pounds away from losing 75 pounds. That is a milestone.

I am not ready to quit losing weight. I am definitely going to shoot for my real official 140 weight watchers goal. To be honest 140 is the TOP end of my weight watchers chart weight but I am not really splitting hairs about these numbers honestly because anything in the 140’s is happiness to me. Seriously. Anything in the 140’s is amazing coming from weighing 220 pounds like 6 ½ months ago. If I told that girl in October she would be in the 140’s in April she would have been so happy. (Secretly I think I did tell that girl I could be in the 140’s in April… since I can do the math).

The biggest thing I have to say is learn to trust yourself. Trust in this whole process. I am trying to learn to have more trust in myself I guess. Yes, this weekend I ate out Friday night; I ate out Saturday, I ate out Saturday night; I ate out Sunday. I had Mexican food and a margarita. I had alcohol and too much of too many foods but overall that did not negate all the other work I put in the other 5 days last week. Trust the process. Trust that our bodies don’t mind a day or two of high calories to keep the engine burning. I am one of little faith most of the time as illustrated by my constant fretting over things. I am trying to just have faith in myself and my body and in the overall lessons I have learned.

Anyhow, today is a new day. I have eaten 13 of my allotted 26 points for the day. I will have an afternoon snack and then the rest will be for dinner. My husband is off work today so he will be home. I plan on running tonight so as to take tomorrow night off. We will go out for dinner tomorrow night somewhere and then Saturday I have all those big plans. Lots of me time and the gym first thing with my mom. Gym then massage and facial and nail fill. Sounds like a wonderful heavenly day. Sounds like I will be able to stay on track this weekend which is VERY good for me. I have an important milestone upon me and I am just going to keep saying 2.2. I can handle 2.2…. We are almost there.

2 comments:

S said...

Ooh, I like the look of your header! (I usually read your posts in google reader, and it's been a while since I've clicked through to comment.)

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I admire your dedication and drive. I don't know too many people who could drop 75 pounds in six months, myself included. Good for you! :-)

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you to be so close to your goal. I've said this before, but it's true: It's so inspiring that you have been able to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. It gives me faith in myself :)