Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The designer in me

Ah Wednesday how I love how quickly this week seems to be flying by. Seriously this is excellent news for a girl on a mission. My mission is tomorrow 2.2. I know I’m being a little intense or obsessive about it this week, but you will notice that in the course of the last 6 ½ months I have NOT been that intensive or obsessive or fixated on a particular number so I don’t think one week is really so horrible. I just want to see my 145 tomorrow and then my life will return to its regularly scheduled programming. Honestly it’s NOT that big of a deal but I think I will get it. I really do.

Last night I hit the gym with my mom again. There is something nice about being in that environment. I can hold my own now and that is a good feeling. I “warmed up” with a half hour run at a high intensity. It was amazing and made me feel like an athlete. Definitely don’t push myself that hard at home. We then moved on to some weight machines and then some floor work. I did the stair climber again which was killer and amazing at the same time and then finished it all up with another ½ hour run. This way I am getting in my normal hour run PLUS some other stuff. Quite enjoyable. It wasn’t overly crowded there which was nice but I’m not sure if I am totally ready to commit to a membership just yet. I really do hate having to travel to exercise. I don’t mind on the weekends when I am already out and about and don’t want to be home but on a week night there is something fabulous about going home, doing my run and then being home already. We will see.

When I got home I was greeted to my new beautiful rugs. VERY exciting. I have seriously looked at rugs for years but never could get price and function to meet. Plus I’m a pretty picky girl about my interior décor. I have a modest small house but it’s decorated exactly as I love. I fancy myself a designer at heart. I mean I went to school for graphic design and love all things beautiful and pretty. I love interior design so much. I might have missed my true calling on that front. But like anything else if you have to do it for a job it probably wouldn’t be as much fun.

Anyhow, here are pictures of my living room with the new rugs. Love it. As the summer progresses perhaps I will take photos of other rooms in my house. I am super in love with my bedroom too. And my back patio is looking pretty nice again for the upcoming hopefully amazing summer months. But for now, here’s the living room.













I don’t have too much on the agenda for the evening. Since it is my last chance workout I will run tonight but I am not going to do anything too fancy or push myself too much. Since I will be at home and back to my normal routine I am fine with not overly pushing myself, considering last night I did push hard. I am all out of Hershey’s peppermint white chocolate kisses which is a nice thing. These were from Christmas and we are finally all done with them. BUT that means instead of over indulging on them I have taken to over indulging on nuts. I know there are worse things in the world to indulge on. But I find myself walking by and eating handfuls of cashews or the mixed nut can that sits on the counter. I have not been measuring or counting points for the past month or so. I think I go in spurts with that. Sometimes I am dead on and sometimes I feel like as long as I make good choices it’s probably good enough. I am back to thinking it’s good enough for me for now. And it truly is.

My older sister Jen called me yesterday afternoon. She had just completed a session with her personal trainer and only has one more session paid for, this Thursday. She told me she was on the verge of wanting to quit. At the cusp of either quitting and gaining back the 17 pounds she has lost or paying for more sessions and keep going. She was feeling discouraged and unmotivated. She wanted/needed a pep talk. I told her she absolutely could NOT quit. That I know she has a long road ahead of her and that it can feel discouraging at times but what was she really going to do… quit and gain back the 17 pounds that apparently are very hard to lose anyway. Don’t do it. Don’t quit. I told her to pay the money and keep going. She was worth it. And I meant every single word of it. She needs this. I want her to be successful. I really do.

It is supposed to be nice out today with sun and all and I want to go bask in it at some point. I miss nice sun and I hate being cold. The older I get the less I love the cold and rain. I want warmth and sunshine on my face. I just feel so epically better with sun. I feel like I can tackle things I otherwise don’t think I can handle. Yeah sun!

Today is on track… I will keep everything together and I will not peak at the scale. I want my weigh in tomorrow morning to be epic. Epic like I’ve lost 75 pounds total. That kind of epic. I will report as soon as possible tomorrow morning. Hopefully it’s what I expect to see.

3 comments:

Julie said...

OMG!!! This is seriously the cutest room I've ever seen!! I love it all!!! It looks like a pinterest pin. In fact...I really want to pin it. HAHA!!! So cute!!! :)

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your decorating!!!

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

I love your decorating x 1,000,000! Way to be there for your sis. I love a relationship like that!