Friday, May 15, 2015

Tired, exhausted, cranky, tired



It is finally Friday. Which is really like clearly stating the obvious.  I am glad for this fact. I am ready for another weekend. I am still beyond exhausted.  My body feels drained. Which means that despite all of my best intentions I might just skip working out today. Shudder at the thought. I might take 2 days in a row off from exercise and/or running. I am not running tomorrow. In preparation for another half on Sunday.  My training plan has me running 4.5 miles today. Of course my training plan does not call for a 13.1 mile run on Sunday so I’m already above the game. Scratch that. I’m already well above the training plan weekly schedule.  This week called for 1 3 mile run and 2 4.5 mile runs. This means a total of 12 miles during the week with a 6.5 mile run this weekend so a weekly total of 18.5 miles.  This week I have run 14 miles already and will be doing 13.1 on Sunday for a total of 27 miles. Yup, already above the asking price. So will running or not running another 4.5 miles today really make any difference?  Not on the mileage tracking scale but maybe in other areas.

I don’t know. I am on the fence.  I am always on the fence.  It seems lately finding the energy or desire to want to work out is harder than it once was.  I truly believe part of that is because I am just so freaking tired.  If I wasn’t this tired right now I am sure I’d be all gun-ho to run my 4.5 miles today.  Last night I went to the gym, ran a very easy 2 miles, and then did some upper body stuff.  I came home and we gave the dogs a walk and then we went over to my mom’s house and had some dinner and saw my family a little bit.  We didn’t get home until about 9:30 and then tried to decompress. You need time to decompress before you immediately go to sleep.  So we just relaxed and before I knew it, it was like 10:30 or 11:00 and I was exhausted and wanted sleep. Honestly all I wanted was sleep last night. 

My body has been functioning at a million miles a minute lately. Plus I’m not going to lie my hamstrings are still on fire from Tuesday’s workout.  This means, that if I want to feel good and ready and happy for Sunday’s half marathon perhaps two days of rest is not such a bad thing?  I really hate taking off 2 days in a row though. 1 day yes, I feel refreshed. 2 days and I just don’t want to do it anymore.  I feel lazy. Decisions, decisions.  This one might be a game time decision later today.  Say around 5 PM.  And if I’m a betting woman, which I’m typically not, I am leaning towards NOT. Simply because Friday nights are typically not when I want to go to the gym. But we will see. Maybe I will get a spike in energy and just decide that I want to.

God this is the most boring post ever. I should just stop talking. Or typing.  I have absolutely zero to contribute that is of any value today. That is how drained I am.  I am excited for the Rock N Roll half this weekend though.  And somehow the thought of running 13.1 miles doesn’t seem scary to me at this point but rather exciting and fun.  Like, bring it on.  I mean, after I get some sleep.

Actually in the last 9 days I have ran 40 miles.  With only 1 rest day.  I think my body is probably really just pooped.  On top of detoxing from Vegas, oh and my grandpa passing away.  There is quite a bit of stress and strain on my body.  It might just be okay to rest today. And tomorrow. And go into Sunday as refreshed as possible. 

Update: It is now 2 PM and I have officially decided I am NOT going to the gym. I am just too tired and I think I’d be harming more than helping myself by forcing any sort of run. Sometimes even I know when to stop and not push my luck.  If I feel this yucky I need the rest. My body is telling me to take it easy.  Let myself recover for 2 days before I run 13 miles.  And that is that.  I think I will feel better tomorrow morning after resting properly tonight.

Tomorrow I have to drive to Portland to pick up my packet for my race on Sunday and that should get me somewhat excited for the run I think.  Anyway, I have nothing else to say. It’s been a rather pointless day.  So with that said here is my fashion Friday with this week’s workout clothes.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your workout outfits. Jealous of your exercise wardrobe.

I think it's smart that you are taking a break. Everyone needs them... even you ;)

westmetromommy said...

Love the outfits...especially the teal one!