Friday, May 29, 2015

A long run & some fashion



I am nothing if not a determined driven woman.  When I decide I am going to do something I inevitably always follow thru.  I don’t know what it is about my brain that really just gloms onto an idea and goes for it.  I was stressing yesterday about getting in a long run and not being able to this weekend and running today vs last night.  I had intended to run 4.5 miles last night and then was going to try and run 4.5 miles today to make up for the 8.5 miler I was supposed to do on Sunday.  But I wasn’t sure how I was fitting it in today.  Etc., etc.

Last night I got to the gym and I was like fuck it, let’s just do my long run. Why so stressed, let’s just put in the long run right now, on the treadmill. I really didn’t have anything else planned anyway. So I told myself that I was in fact going to run 8.5 miles last night.  I got on the treadmill and felt great honestly.  I felt really good. So I was sure that 8.5 miles was going to be possible.  But it is the treadmill and it a boring tedious machine.  But I made up my mind and this was suddenly the answer to all of my running problems so I just kept going.  The machine only goes for 60 minutes before shutting off. That is it’s limit.  So I ran at a 6.0 pace for 60 minutes and completed 6 miles before it shut off. I got off for a couple seconds to get a sweat rag and wipe myself down and drink some water before starting it up again.   I am not going to lie after 6 miles I was tired.  I decided to just allow myself to run at a 5.8 pace for the last 2.5 miles.

Then sometime happened in my brain as I cleared the half a mile mark. I decided why am I just trying to do 8.5, let’s just do the 9 miles.  I wanted to run 4.5 today and 4.5 tomorrow for a total of 9 miles so I am not sure where the 8.5 came from.  And just like that in the spur of the moment I decided 9 miles was the goal.  So I kept running. Probably much to the dismay of the body builders around me who consider my brand of stated steady cardio a complete waste. But I didn’t care.  It was actually way too hot to run outside and I knew there was no way a really long run was going to be possible outside so on the treadmill it was.

I was tired by the time I neared the additional 3 mile mark.  Really tired, but I pushed on and eventually my mileage hit the magical 3 for a total of 9 miles and all told it was 91 minutes 45 seconds.  But more importantly I had just met my goal. I not only did a long run for the week but I knocked off 9 miles and now I have ran 97 miles total for the month of May.  Leaving me with a measly little 3 miles to hit my 100 mile mark goal for the month.  Tomorrow I am doing a 5k with my niece so there you have it.  It will not be a fast run but the miles still count. 

So with all of that said, I am not running today. I am taking today off since I mean I did run 9 miles last night.  I will do my 5k with my niece on Saturday which will put me at the 100 mile mark for the month but then I do feel like I need to do some sort of actual run on Sunday.  I don’t have to do a long run. Got that done.  But I feel like I need to probably do at least a 3 mile run just to keep my feet moving and all.  So that is tentatively my plan at this point.  But everything is open to change honestly.  Which is why I really wanted to get my mileage in yesterday so that I don’t have pressure just in case things don’t go as planned. 

After work today I have to go home and finish packing up to go camping tonight.  I guess I will survive even if it’s not entirely my first choice. Hard beds and sleeping bags and small spaces with doggies. But  I am leaving tomorrow morning so that is good. I mean I have to go do the 5k. It will be good. It makes my husband happy and that is really why I’m doing it.  

Mostly it’s just noon and I’m ready to be done with the day already.  Ready to get the weekend started.  More of a relaxing weekend before I embark on the next 3 weekends of running crazy.  This is the calm before the storm. Next weekend I have a 5k and then a half.  Then the following weekend is Seattle Rock N Roll and then the 3rd weekend is a Rugged Maniac and then a half marathon.  3 weekends/3 half’s and some other events thrown in.  Geesh.  Crazy woman.

Anyway, I might be back later today. I might not.  Who really knows. Regardless, here is my Fashion Friday with this week’s adorable outfits. 






No comments: