Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Worth Every Penny

I have been so busy at work today that I haven’t had time to write about my weekend. I tend to do that thing where something really simple you procrastinate for so long doing it that suddenly it becomes a big deal and it would have been easy to just do it to begin with. I don’t know why I don’t do the thing to start and avoid the inevitable stress that always comes from this scenario. I just keep pushing it off until it’s a big deal and then I deal with it and look like a lying ass on top of it. Stupid, stupid. I handled it this morning and it’s all good now, but it does make me look a little crappy along the way. Oh well, always another day.

So let’s talk Pink shall we. Holy shit, worth every single penny that I spent on it. When we arrived in Seattle and checked into our hotel I realized we were literally like 1 block from the venue. Nice. So while we were supposed to officially check in at 5:15 it said, we decided to do a walk by the venue to scope out the place to check in. This was at about 2 PM. We walked around and found the entrance and saw a line already forming. I was like shit. I didn’t come all this way and spend all this money to not get front row. I was feeling panicked so we went back to the hotel room where I got ready, changed my clothes and we picked up some alcohol for waiting in line and later. Well, mostly in line as it turned out. We ended up getting in line about 3 PM.

I spent the next two hours talking to the people in line around us. Boy can I say this, either Seattle folk are weird or Pink just draws an interesting crowd. Now I adore Pink obviously and I consider myself a normal average girl, nothing too freaky about me or crazy. But holy shit, pretty much everyone in line was what I would definitely consider a social misfit. I hate to judge people I really do, but it was just this line of complete outcasts. I was easily by far the most “normal” appearing of the bunch. Normal is such a relative word and of course appearances are quite deceiving aren’t they. I guess Pink probably does draw the social misfit crowd the underdog if you will. Plus I hate to say it but holy cow, like 50% of the women in line were VERY typical lesbians. Not the lipstick lesbian types but the butch ones you know. Again, nothing against them at all. I spent a good hour talking to one of these women in front of me and she was perfectly lovely and nice. Just interesting that this was the case.

I also will never understand the fascination with buying gifts to give to celebrities. I adore pink, no doubt, but I have never considered spending my money buying stuff for her to try to give to her on stage. She can pretty much buy anything she wants and if she wanted to give her daughter a stuffed animal I am certain she would. Do you know how many of these crazy fans had “gifts” for her? It was in this moment that I realized exactly why these celebrities need so much privacy and security about them. There are a ton of real obsessive crazies in this world. The one girl in the front of the line made her a scrapbook with tons of crazy stalkerish pictures. I guess there are all levels of obsession in this world right.

Anyhow, we finally were ushered into the arena at about 5:30 PM. The concert actually started at 7:30 and the general public was allowed in at 6:30. There were only about 100 of us who bought the VIP package. This was probably my first clue I was amongst obsessive compulsive stalker types. We got a cool VIP swag bag which was fun. A tote with a hat and blanket and VIP pass in it. It was cool. It was also mega cool to be inside the arena before everyone else. We got to hear the sound check so we knew Pink was on the stage because we could hear her.

We also got first dibs over at the merchandise stand with no one around. I bought 2 new shirts. Awesome. And then FINALLY we were moving into the arena and up to the stage. This is why I paid the big bucks because I literally walked right up to the stage and was in the VERY front. It was quite amazing actually. We were close enough that we certainly could touch the performers. At some points almost uncomfortably close actually. I am not the stalker type it turns out and standing that close to performers is slightly weird.

The opening act went on and they were good but not great. The guy was so ridiculously sweaty that it kind of grossed me out. I guess that’s what you get being that close. I saw every bead of sweat falling off him. Interesting. But of course I wasn’t that totally into it and realized that very soon Pink would take the stage and none of that would matter.

The people around me were all very nice and I struck up some conversations with people and it was all good. Then Pink went on and holy shit, for the next two hours I was beyond entertained and amazed. When Pink first appeared before me, like literally in front of me, well up a bit in front of me I told myself in my head, worth every single penny. To be that close and to physically see her that close was beyond my wildest dreams.

This is what I noticed beyond everything else, Pink and all of her back up dancers are BEYOND fit. Healthy, strong, womanly, FIT. They were not stick thin. They had shapes and curves and muscles. I felt so inspired and thankful that there were actually role models in this world that portrayed healthy images of a strong woman. Exactly everything that I have ever loved and adored about her. She is not fake, she is not perfect. She is real and gorgeous and strong. Last month seeing Adam Lavine blew me away with how skinny he was, not Pink. Not that she wasn’t small; she was perfectly healthy looking in person. I saw Katy Perry years ago and she was beyond small. My prevalent thought was this girl is TINY. I just get beautiful and healthy from Pink and ALL of her back up dancers. It was amazing. I cannot express enough how much I walked away from the concert feeling inspired and thrilled by the representation of real women. I literally wanted to go to the gym and kill it because I felt so inspired. Of course it was almost midnight when I got out so that was not happening.

Pink was just as good as I remembered in terms of her voice. There is simply no greater performer out there today. She puts on a show that rivals Cirque De Soil … she flies around and climbs up in the sky. She is amazing. And I had one of the best nights of my entire life standing in the front of the stage watching this all go down. So much so that there simply is no other way to ever watch a Pink show in the future. I will pay whatever it will take from here on out to be in the front. Worth every single penny.

Oh and Pinks incredibly hot, super amazingly fit back up dancer, the one who was in her Try music video, Colt is his name, he smiled at me, like seriously made eye contact and smiled at me which pretty much made my night. I mean, he is gorgeous… and for a second I might have blushed. These are the types of experiences you can only have in the front row, right?

Worth every penny. I mean it’s only money right? In a years’ time I won’t miss the money but I will have these amazing memories of how cool that experience was. I will always keep that mental imagine in my head of that amazing night, and seeing Pink that close. This is how we are supposed to live life. Doing these things we want and not being afraid to put yourself out there. I had never been in a pit at a concert before, always too afraid honestly. I’m not afraid anymore. Cross that off the list.

Yesterday I drove home and was exhausted. I didn’t want to go to the gym but I made myself go last night because I figured that once I started working out I would feel better and sure enough that is what happened. I spent about 1 hour 45 minutes there last night and felt great afterwards. I just feel really inspired actually. I feel like I’m on a high and excited about my life. That’s a great feeling to have. Not sure what that is all about but I am just happy. I’m excited and look forward to constant small tiny little improvements.

I just feel so happy and blessed right now. Things are slowly improving in all areas of my life and that is all you can ask for. A little bit of tiny progress, even when you can’t really see it. Someday it will happen. This is entirely a slow process but some day you will wake up and realize that you aren’t where you once were at all. It is always slowly working. Don’t give up; I am mostly talking to myself here. In the end, experiences like this weekend remind me how much all of this is worth it. Look how freaking far I’ve come in a year? In 8 months since I last saw Pink. Whenever I get depressed or think that change is not occurring I need to realize that as varied as my two Pink concert experiences are, that is how much I was a different person on the inside in that amount of time. While I couldn’t possibly quantify each day the changes there is no doubt that in 8 months I became a different person. Amazing. Gives me so much hope for where I’m going to be 8 months from now, after a whole year of going to the gym and living this life.

For the first time in my entire life, I am so beyond excited to see what the hell comes next. I look forward to my future in a way that I could only imagine in the past. I feel so blessed to finally be living this life, after all these years, to finally get it. AMAZING.

1 comment:

Pg_Ro said...

Sounds like a fantastic experience! Being in the front row sounds amazing.