Thursday, October 10, 2013

Strong Workout

I have to say by the time 5:00 hit yesterday and I was leaving work I had pretty much talked myself into being scared for my training session. I guess it’s refreshing to know that even I can still get worried and nervous about performing. It means that my training sessions are obviously hard and something that at times I am afraid of and therefore probably worth the money right? I was so tired yesterday and there was no way on my own I would have pushed myself like my trainer did yesterday. And boy it was another crazy one. And then after I got home, hours later, I felt so ridiculously amazing and alive that it was all completely worth it. That cloud 9 feeling of having just kicked some serious ass, that is just priceless. Or else the going rate is about $34 for a ½ hour session actually if you want to be technical about it.

I was majorly dreading having to work my tired sore body parts but here’s the thing. When I got to the gym I was immediately greeted by the smiling face of my favorite class instructor/friend Amanda. Not my trainer but a good friend anyway. She came over to me and we started talking. A few minutes later we were joined by the other instructor trainer Mary and then all 3 of us were just standing there talking like friends and about fitness and the classes and kicking ass and I had a moment where I had the most genuine smile on my face. I am obviously more than just another random gym-goer or client. I am an equal, a friend and I can stand here and chat with them and that somehow made any physical pain I was feeling take a back seat.

My trainer told me that she was stalking me on Facebook, which I love and appreciate and saw that I posted about loving Amanda’s barbell workouts that she kills me with in classes so she said today was going to be a hard barbell workout. I was like, cool, awesome! I like that my trainer cares enough to stalk me on Facebook and make mental note of things like my love of barbell workouts. So she said we would be doing legs and then arms. I could handle a little legs if I knew there was end. However, as I could have expected nothing is easy.

Grabbed a 30 pound barbell and then I proceeded to do leg lunges across the distance of the gym and then at the end of the gym stopped and did 15 squats. I then had to hold the barbell directly above my head and walk up a flight of stairs, across the treadmill upstairs area and then back down the flight of stairs with the barbell above my head. We did this sequence 3 times and it was rough. I was VERY glad to set that barbell down upon completion. However all that meant was it was arm time. She went and assembled a 25 pound barbell for me and we moved onto bicep curls and then isolated bicep curls and then overhead presses where she quickly realized that 25 pounds felt like nothing to me and therefore we had to up the press to 50 pounds. Which WAS brutal. Then we did tricep dips and barbell pulls. It was fairly intense and my arms were on fire and then we did it all again. Shocking. And then again. I get my money’s worth I honestly believe that. For the simple fact that I would never on my own pick up a 50 pound barbell and attempt to press it. This is something that only my trainer would think I could handle and I really could. So I guess that tells you that you could always push yourself a little more. It’s worth the money to have that feeling of accomplishment and someone pushing you beyond your own preconceived limits.

As per typical Julie, my trainer, told me that I am a beast and one of two clients that she has that just do everything and push beyond it all. That she has no idea how we do it, but we just keep going. Also she told me I am so strong, that I am lifting a lot of weight and its super impressive to her. She is a tiny woman, like 110 pound tiny, and said that I am definitely stronger than her. I also think that part of the $34 weekly fee is being paid for the motivational support as well. The emotional positive reinforcement I get is pretty golden as well.

After personal training I was high on life and quickly jumped into a cardio core class which primarily focused on core work obviously. And then thereafter I did Turbo kick. Solid 1 ½ of work. After it was all over, just because I wasn’t quite done yet and I kind of wanted to decompress I spent approximately another 15-20 minutes doing some stuff. A few sit ups, a few arm presses and then I called it good and headed home. Where I became crazy hungry. Not shocking. I just keep eating, all the time. I feel like I am constantly eating. I can honestly say my eating habits are drastically different nowadays than when I ever tried to lose weight. I certainly am not trying to lose weight with the eating habits I have, but honestly I am seriously hungry all the time. I am not used to this feeling honestly. Mostly when I ever ate before it was because I was bored or depressed or some other emotion having very little to do with actual hunger pains. I assure you it is because my body is literally eating itself up I am so hungry these days.

When I got home I literally felt so amazing it wasn’t even funny. I felt alive and proud and accomplished and like I kicked some serious ass at the gym. Strong. I felt amazingly strong. Basically whenever I feel this incredible high it makes me want to focus harder and more intently on my health and nutrition but of course there really isn’t much more I can do than I already do. Aside from eat cleaner I suppose. I really need to consider a much “cleaner” diet. I try and all things considered I eat really healthy but here is still lots of room for improvement.

Tonight I will push thru one more gym workout. I have a 5:30 class with my girl Amanda that is going to kick my ass and then I will put in another 30-45 minutes in the gym doing something. This most likely depends on what body parts present themselves as too sore to use and of course how I feel after my class. My body is in need of a night off, but that is tomorrow night. Friday night is my rest day. One more night, night 6 in a row and then I get to rest before I start a new workout week on Saturday morning with a 9 AM turbo kick class. I honestly love my fitness life and wouldn’t have it any other way because it makes me feel so good and alive the rest of my life.

Even though I really don’t have too many plans for the weekend I am still pretty much looking forward to it. So glad its Thursday already. And do you know what, in 10 days I get to go to Seattle and be in the front pit area and see Pink up close. I can’t believe that is already here and happening. And yes, I am so ridiculously excited. 10 days from today. AMAZING!!!

I guess that is about all I have for today, some days I am just a boring old girl writing about my workouts and nothing much else. But I guess that really is all that is going on for me and that is okay. I can leave the drama for another day.

No comments: