Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The stomach truth

As we all know, I’ve lost and gained weight over and over for the last 10 years, obviously this is going to take its toll on the body. I am pretty happy with how most of my body looks considering all of the damage I have done to it, but my stomach is a different story. I have always professed that my underwear hides a lot of what is really happening with the extra skin. Mostly I can look like I have a flat stomach in clothes which I guess is the most important part really, but underneath it all is a mess. I am going to be very brave here and post the “real” photos. Below are the photos of the truth. Basically the same image with my stomach “in” my underwear and “out” of my underwear. This is the truth of weight loss. Most of my body has snapped back fairly well all things considered but this area. I have seen great improvements since I started this journey and good results since starting strength training but obviously I don’t think I am ever going to be able to undo this damage aside from plastic surgery.

In the vein of being honest and an open book on this website and telling it like it is I share these photos because I know there is a natural curiosity. I don’t ever want anyone to look at me and think that I don’t have my issue, because I clearly do. I admire the other people I have seen online who have posted their real pictures, so I thought I should, so you all understand what I’m saying. Honestly, I hope in another 8-9 months’ time I will have new pictures that is less, but like I said, I’m not sure how realistic that actually is. Some damage just can’t be undone. My arms have come around nicely but this is the just the reality plain and simple.

So here goes my bravery and this is the truth…

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am proud of you!! Very brave of you. I have always wondered if I will still have that once I get to goal weight... mine is mostly because of pregnancy and it is hard to tell how much of it will go away. You are beautiful... extra skin and all!! :)
Theresa

Land family said...

I find it amazing that it all fits in your underwear so nicely! You really look amazing Emily. When I lost a lot of weight back in 2007, sadly, one of my downfalls was that I was so disaapointed in how I looked. I still had loose flab on my inner things that jiggled and made me ill. It was actually one of the reasons I said, "oh F it" and let it all go to hell. It probably wasn't as bad as I imagined (you know how the mind is at times), but it was a good excuse to gain it all back. So sad. You are awesome!