Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Joy

I can hardly believe it is May already. May is traditionally one of my favorite months and not just because it is my birthday, but usually because it is the start of nice weather and the upcoming summer season. The older I get the more I crave the sun and warmth. I could see myself being one of those snowbirds as I get older. I love Oregon completely but I could see heading somewhere warm for the winter. Anyway, May 1. One month exactly and I will be on a plane for a 10 day stay in Hawaii. I can’t believe it’s only a month away. It feels like just yesterday I was booking the trip. The older I get the more time seems to fly as well.

I am not sure I have too much to say today. Some days are just like that which is probably fine I suppose. Last night I had a very nice run. I can definitely tell that my endurance is improving. I am pushing myself a little more and my body is keeping up. Love that. I’d say I feel like I am in pretty good shape. I am liking my 30 for 30 challenge. Today is day 3 and I totally am 3 for 3 so far. Not that this is shocking news. I am pretty dead on when I set challenges for myself. I really don’t like to fail at things. But sit ups are getting easier. I don’t think I was initially that good at sit-ups but slowly by surly they are improving. I guess that is the point after all.

I really am liking my outfit today and its making me feel confident and hot. Always a plus. And it is/was payday so that is nice as well. Of course that means I have to run tons of errands which I have done already, seeing as it’s the end of the day for me. The plan is to go home and get in a nice run but it won’t be anything like my last two days of running since I worked way hard and I can feel I’m a little more tired today. But I will do a nice run and call it good and of course see what tomorrow morning brings me. I have zero idea and zero expectation. I love how last week I was so sure and wanted my 145 so bad, this week, eh… not so much. I obviously don’t feel like I worked hard enough to get 145 on the scale but who the hell knows. If I am certain of anything it’s that I know nothing as far as the scale is concerned.

All I really know is that I am strong or feel strong and love feeling how much smaller I’m getting when I lie down in bed. Totally my favorite thing to do. I gauge my stomach fat or my improvement on when I’m lying down how much of a bulge hangs over where my flat stomach should be. It is getting considerably less these days. I suspect when you are close to losing 75 pounds or over 1/3 of your entire body weight that the bulge really should be less. Plus I mean the sit ups are helping. I can tell. It may not seem like a lot but I think it’s the consistency of doing them every day that is making my stomach muscles tighter. It won’t get rid of the pure extra skin but it does make the muscles under them a little more toned. Yeah to that.

Here’s hoping tomorrow’s date with the scale doesn’t throw me into a tailspin but I don’t see how it could. There is pretty much no number, baring a gain that would throw me off. Please don’t be a gain! I am feeling very happy and confident these days and that is what matters most to me right now. Tomorrow might be a different story but today I am one happy camper.

No comments: