Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blink and you'll miss it

Holy cow batman, I swear I just blinked my eyes and its 11 AM already. I think this has to do with the immediate phone calls and issues I had to deal with since walking into the office this morning. Some days I guess are just like that. It makes you appreciative of the ones that are good or less stressful or not so boss heavy at least. When I said the other day that I really wanted a vacation I meant it. Aside from my quick trip to Vegas in February I haven’t taken a day off work in like well… ever… I think once a year ago or so I called in sick to work 1day. Other than that I am a reliable employee to say the least. Anyhow, I need a vacation. Two work weeks and 2 days counting today. And yes, I am counting. That means that counting today I have 12 days of work left before I get a break. Desperately needed!!! I can tell that I am in need when every little thing my bosses want me to do starts to annoy the shit out of me. Even if it probably really is my job. So over it.

Since Oregon is in the Pacific Northwest which is entirely known for its gloom and rain it is not shocking that despite having 3 weeks of beautiful sun that it is utterly depressing to see rain again. Yesterday, today, oh and every foreseeable day in the future. Yeah, that’s Oregon. Bummer. Major mood killer. Thank God I have the aforementioned goodness of Maui coming up.

I’m doing okay this morning other than noticing the time. I need to take off here soon and run a bunch of work errands. Always fun huh. Nothing like running around to a bunch of places, pick up a check here, drop it off here, to the bank here, go to this other bank. Good times.

This morning was weigh-in and I was down. I weighed in at 141.4 so I lost 1.6 pounds. Majorly excellent. I am completely happy with 1.6 pounds. Quite honestly much better than I expected. I am not an idiot; at 140 something pounds I realize losing weight is hard. I will not drop large numbers ever again so 1.6 actually is a large number in all comparison. Especially since this was not what I’d call a stellar week. It was a fine week for sure. It wasn’t my worst and it wasn’t my best. It just happened and I guess sometimes that’s simply the point. I lived it. I indulged when needed, I restrained as to not binge. I ate when I was hungry and it all turned out okay. Well, I did manage 5 workouts last week as well. I pretty much always manage 5 workouts. That seems to be my routine these days. I can’t seem to do too much more than that even if I wanted and I am not certain I want to. Some days I’m not certain I want 5 workouts a week but it is working for me; for now.

I am going to review my “plan” when I return from Maui, but I’ve got like 15 days until then so I might as well just keep sticking to what I’ve been doing as to not upset the flow I’ve established. Since being gone for 10 days is totally going to throw me off I think upon my return it will be time to consider some other options. A good start over point if you will. Start over on what foods I’m eating and how much exercise I’m getting, etc. I know I have to exercise. I have to run. Maybe I don’t need to run 5 days a week. Maybe I could live with 3 runs a week and 2 “other” workouts. Maybe that would keep my body maintaining and keep me happier in the in between time. I might honestly be considering plunking down a year commitment to the gym. It’s only $25 a month; it’s not the financial commitment that scares me. It’s just wasting a membership. However, I could do some classes in an evening that might be good for me. Like I said, I’m not going to mess with anything until after Maui. Middle to end of June but I’m strongly considering it.

I have this weekend which will consist of a gym trip Saturday morning with mom and then pedicures and my nails done Saturday afternoon. Then I have all next week, and then the following weekend my sister and brother in law and my niece and nephew will be coming. Saturday is also Chris’s birthday and then Monday is my birthday. So that is going to be fun times in there and yes I will have a cupcake. I’ve been dreaming about this cupcake for weeks. Yeah, sure I could go and get it now if I really wanted but I do believe it’s better to save it for the birthday treat. Plus there will be birthday dinners and alcohol I’m sure. I LOVE alcoholic mixed beverages. I’m not a drunk or anything. In fact you’d probably never know it since when I lose weight I go cold turkey and don’t drink but I am pretty much a total fruity drink fan. The alcohol gets me out of my own head for a while and I need that.

Anyway, the point is the following weekend is booked and then I just have the week to get thru and then the next Saturday is Hawaii Time. None of that crazy busy time seems tempting to mix anything up that much. I will stick to tired and true an what I already know. But after Maui I am mixing it up somehow. I read an article last night about personal training and how it really does push you and even in shape people benefit, ya know. Things I know but confirmation I guess. Maybe. I’ll just say maybe at this point.

I really do love how I feel these days. I just ate my banana snack before heading out for errands. Hopefully that will tie me over until my lasagna lunch. Umm… Can I stop for moment and just say 141.4… Hmm…. I am not going to lie it was/is a stupidly unimportant personal goal to see a 130 number on the scale before I go to Maui. No.. not 130 period… I mean 1.3. Something. Like 139.9…. I just want the second number to be a 3. So yeah, I’d be happy with 139.9. Weight Watchers goal was always set at 140 so it would be awesome to lose 1.5 pounds in the next 2 weeks to put me at that 139.9 number. I know it’s unimportant and won’t affect a damned thing and I certainly know I will come back from 10 days of vacation not weighing 13 something but it’s just something I want. And now 1.5 pounds seems possible in 2 weeks time. I know there will be roughness with family and birthday’s in there but nothing I haven’t tackled before. I am SOOO on the home stretch. I am 139.9 bound.



No comments: