Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Working from Home

So it is Wednesday afternoon and I have had an interesting day already. I am officially “working from home” as I type this. I don’t get to work from home but when I went to start my truck this morning for work it would start fine but the minute I was not apply gas to it, it died. Obviously the idle is off on it and it was just not happening. In a series of weird events Chris actually was home as he was scheduled for the late shift at work today. He came out and worked on it but couldn’t get it running enough to feel that it was reliable enough to drive long term.

I had to run to Vancouver this morning for work and needed reliable. What ended up happening was that I took the car, we dropped the truck off at the mechanic where it sits now, and then I drove to Vancouver and ran my work errands and Chris called his boss and said he’d be a little late. I came home about 1 PM and am now at home, without a car, “working”. I told my boss. What else can I do really? I don’t have a vehicle. Hopefully it gets fixed this afternoon and my mom will run me over there after work to get it.

Working from home is hard. By that I mean the food temptations are here, which is probably why I am so good during the week at work and so bad during the weekends at home. I see that now. The obvious distractions of home are killer. I ate a mini York peppermint patty after my Smart One’s lunch that clearly I would not have ate at work. No more though. That I am promising. I am thinking that I am going to change into my workout clothes here soon. That is one benefit of working from home. I always do better when I am wearing my workout clothes because mentally it puts me in the mood to work out and be healthy. I have a weird timing issue though with the truck and my mom and technically the whole work thing. I feel like I shouldn’t work out before 5 PM since technically I am working but does it really matter?

Yesterday was amazing in terms of my eating and exercise. I killed it and I felt great. I plan on repeating that today (peppermint patty aside that is) I have no grand delusions of a fantastic weigh-in tomorrow as I had my utter meltdown over the weekend, but I would take any loss, albeit tiny as a complete victory. I am not positive my body knows how to lose weight right now. I feel completely like I am plateauing and my body is going to stick right around this 145 pound mark no matter what. It’s not the worst thing in the world as I’m utterly convinced that with exercise I am building more muscle which is going to continue to make me look smaller if nothing else. I honestly don’t feel any smaller. I feel like I’ve stayed exactly the same for like 3 weeks. Which in the grand scheme of things considering how much indulging I’ve done is probably a really good thing. I have been way looser with my food choices than I have been in like 6 months combined.

Whatever happens, will happen I guess. At this point all I can do is be as good as possible for the remainder of the day and go with it. On the plus side I feel cute today. We all have days that we feel better than others. I am certain my cute days are always after I’ve had a few on track days. Something about living healthy making my attitude so much better. Today I definitely have a better attitude than yesterday. Yesterday I was in a funk; today I think all the car drama snaps me out of my funk and back into reality. Life can always be worse like your car won’t start when you need to be somewhere. I am blessed to have a working vehicle and it sucks when it doesn’t work. Talk about major life inconvenience.

But it does allow for an afternoon of “working at home” which is pretty sweet too. AT least I am staring out my front window at my beautiful yard instead of into a masonry yard full of bricks and tools and such. The view is much better.

I guess that is about all I have to say. Boy this is going to be a SLOW three hours I am fearing.

1 comment:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

Ugh car stuff is the worst! I feel like it totally throws your whole day off!