Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DMV and cheese

I’d say lunch disaster, but I would not consider it a total disaster. It was fine. Delicious and I don’t know about the disaster part because I kind of don’t care. You see, shortly after my post I left for the DMV. If we all know anything about the DMV it’s that is absolutely guaranteed pretty much anywhere that it’s going to be a painful miserable LONG experience. This is why most of us put it off for so long. I knew this needed to happen since the beginning of April and here we are May 15 and I finally did it. Mainly I knew I needed 7-10 business days as they say for my new license to arrive in time to have real identification for travels and Maui. I think I just barely squeaked in under the radar on the license. But the point is, as misery goes, the DMV is pretty much the worst. 90 horrific minutes later and a whole whopping 2 minutes at the counter for me and it are done. I can expect license in the aforementioned 7-10 days. Glad that is off the to do list. Needed to get that one done.

Anyhow, the point is this put me very behind on my schedule. Not that I had a schedule but it pretty much meant that I needed to hurry. I had to stop at Safeway to get more Greek yogurt. I was out and I NEED my yogurt. But my stomach was HUNRGY. Growling and of course that meant every single thing in the store looked amazing. I ended up with a loaf of fresh baked artisan bread. The baguette kind. They are so good. And then somehow I was actually tempted to purchased smoked Gouda cheese. I have perhaps been on a bit of a fancy cheese kick lately. It was NOT my intention to eat said items this minute. I had a smart ones meal in the freezer at work. But somehow my lunch consisted of a 1/3 of the loaf of the baguette and a chunk of cheese bit and then ripped off the hunk by hand. I don’t think either of these choices are all that bad in terms of a lunch really. The only problem is that I did not measure of calculate and have no real knowledge of how much I consumed. Oh well. I am satisfied and contented now. I feel like I had a fancy lunch. Hey, at least it was fresh. Maybe the bread will soak into my stomach and in turn sit there for another couple hours for me to burn while running tonight.

I am really trying to listen to my body in terms of food these days and all be damned if it didn’t tell me cheese and bread were in order for lunch. It’s not much different than getting a subway 6” sandwich anyway. I can’t imagine it’s all that horrible after all. But I’m full now. We will see if I need a snack later this afternoon or not. I am sure before I run I will require something else. But on the plus side I feel much more saited than I did yesterday at this time. Perhaps I am simply just not eating enough food and my body is trying to alert me to this fact. It’s cool. I will run tonight and we will see what the scale gives me tomorrow. I’m just looking for anything around 143… stay the same lose a little. I’ll take it.

1 comment:

Melissa @ Faster In Water said...

The whole debate would be null if the darn bmv didn't take so long!!! Sounds like the bread and cheese were a nice change of pace :)