Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ticking Time Bomb


 I don’t have all that much to say today honestly.  Sometimes are like that I guess.  I was hungry and tired yesterday. Of course.  I went to the gym anyway. I ran 1 mile to warm up before class. Nothing fancy. Went to the ab/core class which was nothing that spectacular. Least favorite class of them all because it doesn’t burn that many calories and its core focused which isn’t my favorite.  They always say abs are made in the kitchen not the gym so therefore why do we train them so much?  Why do people do crunches and sit ups like fiends in hopes of getting abs.  But whatever. I take the class anyway.  It was slightly a debacle last night because well we all have our strong suits but math and plans and numbers are not Amanda’s.  It was a circuit workout and for the life of her she couldn’t figure out stations with people and we ended up spending ½ the class literally trying to get it sorted out.  Whatever I wasn’t really after a killer workout.

After the class, I actually did make a back/biceps workout. I talked with a girl at the gym for a while. I talked with Amanda her boyfriend Rick for a while.  And then I did my list.  I have to say I didn’t give it 100% effort. I did it.  I accomplished every task on my plan but I didn’t really give it my all. Some nights are like that.  Here was my effort.

 

I burned another 357, combined with my run from yesterday morning of 654 calories means the daily total was 1,011 calories. I was beyond cool with that.  Considering when I run a half marathon I only burn around 1,300 calories or so. Good enough. I went home and somehow the time just flew by as it always does, and before I knew it Chris was home.

I made a delicious chicken salad for dinner with OPA Lighthouse Greek Ranch yogurt dressing.  I am addicted to this stuff in all flavors. It was so terribly good that I will probably have another one tonight for dinner.  I go in spurts like that, I think we all do.  It’s like suddenly I remember how delicious something is and then I overdose on it until I don’t think it’s so delicious anymore. That’s the way it goes.

The ticking countdown on this page is frightening me.  I didn’t realize that by creating a countdown to the marathon that in essence I was creating a bomb.  Yes, one of those bombs that tick down until it explodes.  Every day I log in here and the number is smaller and smaller and my heart rate increases just a smidge.  I am not sure the marathon itself is actually freaking me out or its anxiety about what to do once it’s over, or if it’s nerves about my trip itself, or the money that it is going to cost.  There’s a lot of issues at play, as there always are.

I keep thinking to myself, I am literally in the best shape of my life. I feel amazing, I feel like I look the best I’ve ever looked and I am so happy. I am terrified that once the marathon is over that I won’t have the same motivation to keep going. Realistically I know I can’t keep going at the level I have been because well its slightly not normal to function at this level. It’s possible. I don’t think I’m doing anything WAY excessive, but I know things will cut back.  Eventually it won’t be summer anymore and the leaves will turn brown and it will get cold outside and running half’s every weekend will be a thing of the past. And that scares me.  I know what happened last year during the winter. I lost all desire to run. In fact for months there was a strong part of me that thought maybe I never needed to run another half again.  And that would have been a terrible tragedy. I don’t think it would have lasted, but nonetheless.  I need this in my life. I always have. I guess I’m just scared that this body, but more importantly this happy healthy mindset will go away.  That the feeling of contentment and satisfaction of life will disappear once Maui has passed. 

This has been a crazy good time in my life and I’m just sad that it has to end. I mean I’m thrilled to actually accomplish my goal and go to Maui and run my marathon but sad in a sense too.  Since February of this year it has been pretty much my driving motivator and force and then it will be gone.  I guess that is how you determine where you really are at mentally in life because I will have to figure out a way to pick myself up post marathon and dream new bigger dreams and chase new goals. 

Anyway. Tonight it’s back to the gym for me.  I have a 3 mile run on the plan and then it’s a 45 minute strength training class.  Amanda is gone tonight she has an appointment so it is in theory going to be taught my someone else.  We will see how it goes. I’m not opposed to a class by someone else.  I mean, sometimes it’s nice to get a different perspective on things.  We will see.  That’s really all I have on the plan for tonight in terms of the gym. I’d say it’s more than enough really. Approximately 30 minutes of running (cardio) and 45 min. of strength.  That’s a solid effort for anyone.  Just keep plugging along.

As of this moment in time I have completed 50 runs on my marathon training plan for a total of 268 miles ran since I started. That’s just CRAZY to me.  Just keep running right.  And this is why I love marathon training.  I was certain I was going to hate it, and yet somehow it just totally agrees with me and my obsessive compulsive nature. 

And with that, here were yesterday’s Instagram picture collages and this morning’s coffee one.  I really do love making these little things.



No comments: