Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Just a quick one



 Crazy busy morning at work and haven’t had a chance to write anything.  Therefore this probably going to be a very short and sweet kind of one. Mainly because I am not really sure why I even bother writing this crap out most of the time and then I do often go back myself and read crap from a year or two years ago and I am glad I have the diary of what I was thinking and where I was at.  So I suppose the answer to the question is, I do it for myself which is really the only reason to do any of it anyway.  No one else is ever going to care nearly as much as you do.  And it really should be that way.  Self-love.  I keep trying to advocate this concept that at the end of the day you just have to love yourself first before anyone including the universe is going to understand, reward, or change you.

Last night, I mean, after my crazy running morning I did go to the gym and I did kick ass. Yup.  I said it. Self-love right?  So I did do a warm up mile on the treadmill, which makes 7.5 miles total for yesterday.  I sprinted actually.  Okay, my sprints are not that fast, but I ran faster than I would run doing a 3 mile run and especially a 6 mile run.  So I ran faster is my point.  Then I took the 30 minute ab/core class.  Basically what I expected. A bunch of crappy exercises that perhaps I didn’t really want to do but sometimes being forced to do them is nice.  But as they were not high intensity it doesn’t result in any real calorie burn.  It happens.  And then I did bring out the good old hand written upper body workout that I prepared for myself.  It’s been forever since I wrote out one of these lists and I was reminded why they are good last night.  I certainly would have quit far sooner than this list allowed me to.  I have a thing about accomplishing the things I say I am going to and for the same reason that I will run every single run on my training plan, I will do every single exercise I write down on a list.  Crazy.

So I did my little list, I did every single exercise, every single rep as written and by the time I was done, I was REALLY done.  This work out on top of my early wake up to run was like crazy enough for the day.  So I felt satisfied when my heart rate monitor clicked over and showed 365 calories burned.  In hindsight if I had been thinking clearly I would have forced out another 15 calorie burn because in the AM I burned 620 calories and this made my combined total 985.  You see why I wanted 15 more, right?  Anyway, here is the workout pic.


And just for good measure, a close up of the actual workout I did.


I got home and I honestly don’t even exactly remember what I did, not much though before Chris was home and we were eating dinner and watching some TV and going to bed.  It seems when you wake up at 5:30 AM, you find yourself tired at 10 PM.  Makes sense.   Nothing too fancy about my evening.  More of the same really. 

Today I am tired.  Right now, given how crazy busy my morning was I am feeling highly unmotivated to do exercise tonight but you know I will.  I have a 3 mile run planned and then a 45 minute strength training class with Amanda and that is it. That is all she wrote for the night and that is going to be more than good enough.  Especially given this is day 5 in a row of exercise.  By the time tomorrow hits things are going to get lazy but I have set myself up to not be lazy tomorrow though.  I will take a class and then I have my last personal training session that I have paid for.  And then for now I don’t plan on buying any more sessions because while they are torturous and lovely they also are torturous and expensive and probably not that necessary in my life.  The only reason I had them was because they came with the gym package I purchased when I joined the new gym.  It was cheaper and made more sense to get that package which included 4 sessions. 

Anyway, that’s the plan really.  And of course because my life seems to be playing out quite a bit these days on Instagram, here are the Instagram posts from yesterday and one from this morning.  Sorry I’ve become a picture selfie whore.  But I keep discovering new apps on my phone that allow me to design and make pretty collages and I LOVE it so much.  It’s like totally fun for me to put together these little things and design and right now I’m just having a blast with that.  So there. It’s my page, and as I’ve already expressed pretty certain that its mostly all for me anyway so I don’t care.  Maybe someday the picture parade will fade, but not anytime soon. 

Be back at you all tomorrow. When hopefully I’m not so busy and feeling a little more Zen like.





No comments: