Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Days of our Lives



And so are the days of our lives.

Continuing where we last left off yesterday.

I feel like I am writing the soap opera version of my life except it’s not really a soap opera, but in recounting my life, its constantly last time we checked in… HA HA. Nothing like a thorough and complete accounting of one’s life written out online in sheer and utter excess.

Yesterday I proved to be excessively hungry as I pretty much could have guessed.  Running in the morning always does that to me, but I was bound and determined to stay on my game.  I made this lovely little collage in the afternoon.


And then I went ahead and changed into my workout clothes and did this one.


Then I decided it was time for a little Transformation Tuesday action on Instagram and made this collage.


And then I headed to the gym.  I was really unbelievably game yesterday for working out.  Except I didn’t really want to lift anything.  I know, weird right.  Well basically my upper body was tired and sore from Monday night.  I didn’t really need to run anymore. Not really.  I was not sure what I wanted to do honestly, so I ended up with this. 

I got to the gym and did a 1 mile warm my body up run.  Then I headed to ABS/Core class which actually was a little more challenging last night than previous weeks.  This is the least effective class of the week because it’s just mostly core work while good for the abs, not great for calorie burn and all.  After class I knew I needed more but wasn’t sure.  Amanda was like let’s do 10 minutes of sprints on the treadmill. I was like sure.  I had no other plan.  It was set the treadmill at an incline and fast speed and then 20 second sprint/10 second rest for a total of 10 minutes.  Let me tell you, 10 seconds is NOT enough for your heart rate to recover.  It was brutal. But effective.  10 minutes was enough.  Then because I wasn’t ready to be done, I decided to do a 500 rep workout that was on the board in the group exercise room. Why not.  This is what happens when I don’t have a clear plan, I find one written on a board and just do it.

This whole 500 rep thing actually kind of proved to be a lie.  Because honestly it was more.  It went like this.

50 kettlebell squats
50 jumping jacks
50 walking lunges with a plate overhead
50 Ball slams
50 high knees (which turns out was 100 because it was 50 each leg she said)
50 mountain climbers (again REALLY 100, both legs)
50 Russian twists (actually 100 because that meant each side!)
50 bosu ball crunches
50 Battle rope slams (another 100 really)
50 Jump ropes

10 exercies- 50 reps each or more equals 500 reps.  I did this relatively quickly and then decided I wasn’t quite done mostly because I was a little shy of the 500 calorie mark burned total and was like eh, let’s just do more.  So I redid these exercises but only 20 of each.  (40 on those double ones)

After that I was done.  This put me at a total of like 521 calories burned I think, for workout 2. Combined with my AM run, put me at 1,122 calories for the whole day.  A lot and enough.


I honestly don’t know what got in me yesterday other than I was really motivated for some reason.  Just kept at it, you know.  Sometimes I am just like that. It was a good day.  Came home, cleaned up, did my thing, then Chris came home and we had omelet’s for dinner and then I had some popcorn because that seems to be a good go-to snack for me these days.

This morning I woke up feeling fine.  Nothing too major going on. Exercise is a beautiful thing. It makes me happy when skies are gray. Ha. 


But here’s the thing.  My grandma’s funeral is tomorrow evening which means I can’t go to the gym.  Not a crazy big deal, except that I kind of want to take Friday off from the gym because I have a half on Saturday morning and I really don’t think it’s the best thing for me to work out Friday night.  Plus no classes, not really sure what I’d do.  Overall just not needed.  But I don’t want to take BOTH Thursday and Friday off. Yes, insane girl problems here.  So I kind of have come to the conclusion that alas I have to wake up early tomorrow morning and run before work again.  I know, 2 times in a week; insanity.  But drastic times call for drastic measures.  I don’t even really need to run, but this time I will just be running to burn calories and for exercise because it’s the only time I can fit it in.  So that is probably going down tomorrow AM.  A girl has just got to do what a girl has got to do.  Plus that means if I run tomorrow that it will be 48 hours on the clock in between that workout and my half and I actually think this is a good thing.  I think this will give my body a nice needed rest.  I don’t have a problem with that at all.  But I can’t do nothing tomorrow, that isn’t going to fly for me.

Which leads me to the reality that tomorrow is weigh in day and folks it isn’t going to be pretty. I caved and sneak peeked this morning and it wasn’t good. It was that dang weekend. Not sure I can really salvage it all in 3 days’ time (Monday-Wednesday) but either way I am not going to really freak out either.  Hopefully by tomorrow AM things just level out. I don’t expect a loss at all but close to a maintain would be lovely.  Either way, not the end of the world at all.  I’m at a great place and I feel good and that is mostly what matters.  I feel like I look the best I ever have. I feel very strong and confident and that far outweighs a silly number. 

Did I mention how hot my half is supposed to be. It doesn’t start until 8 AM and it’s supposed to get up into the 100’s on Saturday. Going to be pretty awful really. I am going to go SLOW SLOW SLOW as a result but I’m going to do it and that is the more important thing.

Tonight at the gym is a 3 mile run (although technically I don’t have to since I will be running in the morning.) We will see about that. And then it’s a 45 minute strength training class.  I like this class.  Good times. I am terribly starving right now so I need to go eat something.  Have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. Good luck tomorrow!

I understand so well about your workout issue though. It's scary to skip a workout when life gets in the way because it can be a slippery slope. I know you are pretty much passed that part of your life, because you pretty much kill it every day, but I can understand why it would be a worry for you.
I think a morning run will be good for you. It will put your mind at ease for the rest of the day so you can focus on being with your family and not wishing you were doing something else. You don't have to do a crazy run either, you could just do a shorter one. Burn off some energy.