Thursday, July 2, 2015

Anniversary


 July 2.

I have traditionally always liked this day a whole hell of a lot.  You want to know why? Because exactly 11 years ago today, at about 5 or 6 PM in the evening I met my husband for the very first time at Applebee’s. Somehow I pretty much just knew he was going to be a significant factor in my life and I wasn’t wrong.  We ate at Applebee’s, we went to a pool hall and played pool and we still didn’t want the night to end so we drove to Portland and walked around downtown.  It was also on this day that I had my very first kiss.  Oh boy, is that crazy or what? Yes, I know the answer to that.  I can’t even believe that honestly.  It seems like forever ago and yet it seems almost unimaginable that Chris is the only guy I’ve ever really kissed.  Strange. So happy 11 years today. Clearly a life altering day for me. With all that said, let’s also go to point number 2 for the day.

145.4

This is the number I saw on the scale this morning.  Pretty freaking awesome isn’t it?  I feel entirely in the zone right now and everything is just clicking as my posts as of late have been illustrating.  I don’t know why sometimes things are just so on and then at other points, while nothing has entirely changed, you just can’t keep it together for the life of you.  I guess it’s good because most of April was just a horrible struggle for me.  Even the early part of May was difficult for me to manage.  I’m glad I have found my groove and my happy place.  I am also glad that the scale is starting to show the results of my effort.  I’d like to point out that the scale really is not my motivation. It is NOT what I am working for/towards. It is simply the byproduct of everything else that I am doing and feeling.  This is truly the way it is supposed to be.  You should not live for the scale.  You should live for everything else, for the quality of your life and if that all falls into place the scale should eventually be the side-effect. I know, easier said than done.

My entire focus right now is not on weight loss.  It is on my marathon training. It is on putting in effort. Trying to eat healthy and clean.  Something else that is of significant note is that on February 12 of this year I thought I might want to try and lose a little weight and I did weigh myself and I was 154.5.  Nothing wrong with that weight at all. But on February 13 is when I decided to run my marathon officially and at that time I knew that I needed to lose at least 10-15 pounds in order to really be in peak running condition.  Fast forward to today and that 145.4 on the scale. Down 9.1 pounds from that day.  And honestly I can say that this is without really trying all that hard or focusing exclusively on weight loss as the goal.   Do good things and the rest follows.  Be kind and healthy in your actions and all the rest shall come as well.  I have no illusion that dropping weight at this point in my life is easy. It’s REALLY REALLY not. I have 11 Thursday’s left until I leave for Maui.  If I could lose the 5.4 pounds and go to Maui around 140 pounds, technically always officially my goal weight I would be thrilled. That’s about half a pound a week and that is actually kind of a scary prospect for me. I’m at a place in my life where clearly I need to eat to effectively maintain my body. Not that I at all ever advocate not eating. That comes off sounding weird. But it’s just that at my body make up losing ½ a pound a week would be a tall order. We shall see.  The nice thing is that with my body make up as it is I can really notice when I lose smaller amounts of weight.  I think I could totally tell a 5 pound difference in my body. I can tell you this with certainty I notice a huge difference in the 9.1 pounds I have lost since February. I just feel so much more amazing about myself and my body. It’s the little things. 

Right around 145 is a great place for my body. And this is the healthiest/strongest most fit body I’ve ever had. This is all terribly exciting to me.  You best believe in the next 11 weeks I will maintain my laser like focus with my eye on the prize, being that Maui beach vacation and marathon medal. Can’t believe it’s getting so close. I first dreamed this up on Feb. 13 and now here we are with it just right around the corner.

With all that said, I did manage to head to the gym last night and ran 3.25 miles before taking in the 45 minute strength training class.  My arms are quite sore. My biceps are on fire today. It’s that whole 48 hour rule. I cannot extend my arms out straight at all. It is pain. The entire upper body is pretty much toast.  I don’t know what I have left in the tank for tonight honestly. Tonight will be day 6 in a row which is typically my lightest night.  There is a 5:30 PM boot camp class which I will take. That might very well be the only thing I do tonight and I am perfectly okay with that.  One more effort before getting a rest day tomorrow and then getting up bright and early for a half on Saturday morning. Anyway, last night was actually pretty damned effective all things considered.  625 calories is a really good effort for me for a night.


I came home and did some stuff. That’s a pretty vague description of events. Some stuff. But honestly it’s hard to pinpoint all the minute details of an evening. Chris worked late so I just piddled away my time in the house to myself. Took some booty selfies because those are always fun.  Yes, you can definitely tell I am feeling incredibly confident these days with all the pictures I’ve been taking.  I do think it’s just part of the process. Eventually I may stop. We shall see.




This morning I woke up just honestly feeling amazing.  Amazing and happy and motivated and just blessed with everything about life. Not all days are like that. So I thought hell screw it, let’s just enjoy this epic feeling of happiness for another day. Embrace life. Smile. Be happy.  So this morning I got up, made coffee, rocked out to music while I put on my makeup and it just felt good.



And then I was like fuck it, let’s take some morning selfies.  Cause it’s just apparently what I do these days. And make cute little collages of stuff because apparently that is part of who I am now. Oh well.




So that’s about it for now. Get thru this day, smile a lot. Go to the gym tonight for one last workout. Go home. Shower. Spend some time with my husband whom I know for exactly 11 years, maybe take the doggies for a walk. Smile some more. All the little small things that make life quality. Those quite moments of contentment with your family. And my heart is my husband and my baby girl doggies. Smile bright. It’s July. It’s sunny and life is good.

No comments: